Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 F250 Crew Cab that is in need of a drivers side (driver window) power window switch. I can lower the windows, but the "up" side of the toggle switch is very sluggish and occasionally won't work. I can literally feel that the up side of the switch is broken internally. I took the panel off the door to clean the electrical contacts and find a part number for the module. I got down to the 5 switch module (4 windows and window lock button) and circuit board, which had a part number of PP-GF20. When I called Ford parts, they said that the part number I had wasn't a good number. They looked the part up for me and priced it at $112.68

My question(s): Can anyone tell me if the same module was used on multiple years or models? I've found some similar 5 switch modules on eBay for no more than $40, but they are for a 2003 Explorer or 2004 Expedition, etc. Will any of the 5 switch snap in modules work?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So are you saying that the modules are interchangeable, since this gentleman has a 99 F350? There's no doubt they look the same, with the exception that I have a beige/tan interior, but that doesn't matter since the 5 switch module I need is black and would snap in a grey or tan interior.

I guess I just need to know what year and models have the same 5 switch module as the 2002 F250 crew cab.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outstanding! I'm going to get the $40 module off of the 2003 Explorer rather than paying $112 for the module from Ford parts. Thanks for saving a min. of$72!

·
Registered
299 Posts
FYI I had to replace mine also and FORD gave me one for a f150 and not a f250 and they both looked identical in everyway. I plugged the first one in and immediately smoked it and then he gave me another one and I smoked that too then another guy gave me the right one and that worked. I actually told them they just did'nt work when I returned the two of them. I thought maybe I did it wrong but I guess not. I immediately unplugged them when I saw the smoke coming out of the part. I was driving at the time.LOL

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had the same problem

I have been having the same problem with my switch. And also called the dealer.....$137.43 for the part and $43.00 on eBay.

Thanks for the information saved me some major $$$$$.:):):):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts