Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was comeing home and as i was turning into the drive way the steering wheel and brake pedal felt very weird. long story short the power steering pressure house burst. replaced it the same day. toped off the fluid, turned on the truck and the pump is whineing and brakes still felt weird. the brakes were firm. the fuid was low agian and i toped it off 3 times. the noise is almost gone and the brakes feel fine now. but it still makes some noises. it never whined before the line blew. it seems to be gettig better as i drive it. there are a few bubbles in the fluid when i take the cap off???? do i wait and keeping checking the fluid. there are no leaks anymore

·
Registered
23 Posts
It's just air in the system. Usually you can turn the steering wheel lock to lock and hold it on both ends for a few seconds and it will bleed most of the air out. It might be necessary to do it a few times. Then top it off and you should be good to go.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Bleed the system. And you did put ATF in, and NOT powersteering fluid, right?

You might have done your pump in when the line broke.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
On my 6.0 the dealer hooked up a hand powered vacuum pump which replaced the power steering fill lid. Then one guy operated the vacuum pump while another turned the steering wheel back an forth. Strangest thing I ever saw but it cured my power steering noise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts