Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all, this is my first post to the site. Ive been reading a lot on this site since i got my truck and yall have helped me diagnose and fix many problems with my 6.slow.

Truck specs: 6.0, afe stage2 intake, afe turbo-back straight pipe, 4" lift, 35x12.5x20, FICM Replaced nov '16(with new batteries), ball joints july '17

Problem, last week i was pulling into the house and lost all power steering and brakes. Opened the hoodna PS fluid is everywhere on the drivers side under the battery box. Added more PS fluid the next day and tried to diagnose the problem thinking it might be a high pressure fitting that busted, with the hopes of just replacing the hose. As soon as I tun the truck on and start to turn the wheel, 90% of the fluid i added dumped on the ground and blew everywhere. i cant find where the leak is coming from.

Has anyone had problems with this? I'm a weekend DIY guy with a background in gas engines but this 6.0 has given me more problems.....as soon as I fix one thing, a week later another pops up.

·
Administrator
30,596 Posts
it may be a pump issue or it may be a gearbox issue letting the high psi flow right into the low psi return
or aeration

·
Premium Member
22,934 Posts
Out of curiosity, what kind of PS fluid are you using?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts