Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, here is my problem,
I have a 2002 Excursion with all options, the interior is still in stock form with no wires randomly cut.
My driver side power seat, the power driver foot pedals and the driver seat memory buttons on the door do not work. I have checked all of the fuses, traced out wires and tried to jump switches. None of this helps. I can get the systems to operate if I run power straight from the battery to the motors though. What else should I check for in the wiring? I am at a loss and really miss my power seats, not to mention the wife can't drive my Excursion now. Any help would be greatly appriciated. :confused:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I finally got a factory Wiring diagram manual for all the Superdutys and Excursions for 2002, and traced my problem to the memory seat module. Gotta love these in depth manuals! I am surprised nobody had any ideas.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Great, just I just encountered the same problem so I'll be following your advice. I'm surprised too that no one else has replied?

Josh

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Josh,
If you have an 02 and need the wiring diagrams Ii can try to scan the diagram for you to check some other things first. Check you grounds too, one of mine was corroded.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, my X just started this Saturday. Was it the memory seat module or the corroded ground wire that caused your problem?

·
Registered
1 Posts
drivers power seat

I have an 03 Excursion and my drivers power seat has been on the fritz for a few months and now it does not work at all. The seat memory switch and the power pedals are also not working. Did you just replace the memory switch?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had this issue on my 03 excursion. I removed connectors from behind drivers seat and looked at them (as if that helped) but it started working. Some contact cleaner may be in order. I wonder if the heat duct in that area plays a role in this over time. My f350 has same controls and heat but has not had this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My seat has went out in my 02 Excursion a few days ago..Do you still have that wiring diagram or can you advise which module is the memory seat module? Thanks

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did not look at a wiring digram. I have an 03 f350 with the same controls (my f350 does not have a memory module that is located on the door of my excursion but the 6 way heated seat is the same I think). I separated a couple of the connections under and behind the drivers seat of excursion. I planned on comparing voltage reading from my working f350 seat. After some time I could not idetify any anomolies and put the connectors back togeather. the seat has worked without issue ever since. My comment above about the heat refers to the fact that my excursion has a heating duct under the drivers seat the blows air towards the back for warming the floor area of rear passengers. The connections for my seat are in the path of this air flow and I wonder if this plays a role over time with the electrical connections. Perhaps you can be so lucky, perhaps some contact cleaner could also go a long way in resolving the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Need to fix mine seat not moving

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sorry to bring up a old post. I am having the no seat move and no pedal move problem in my 02 7.3 Excursion. I hear click's when hitting the buttons but no go. Does the module have to be programmed if I get a new one?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't know about being programmed but make sure it is the right module. My Stealership installed the wrong one and the seat moved but no pedal movement or heated seats.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Update: My excursion seat and pedals continues to function without issue. I had a problem once and after I investigate the problem, separated some connectors under the seat and found nothing wrong. I reconnected everything and (knock on wood) the issue has not resurfaced. My original post was nearly 2 years ago.

·
Premium Member
17,255 Posts
Glad I found this old thread. My heated seat quit and the seat adjust controls only work sometimes. I'll disconnect it and inspect.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts