Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK GUYS WHEN I WENT TO THE DFW MEET AND GREET I GOT MY CHIP REBURNED BY TONY (YOU ROCK) WELL I GOT ON THE DYNO AND MY TRUCK WOULD OVERBOOST AND DEFUEL WELL I MADE A DIY OVERBOOSTER ANILATOR WITH A PRESSURE REGULATOR SET IT AT 20PSI AND TOOK IT FOR A DRIVE AND NO SES LIGHT BUT WHEN THE TURBO IS SPPOLED UP AND IM RUNNING PRETTY HARD THE TURBO PSI DROPS TO NEXT TO NOTHING EGS DROP AND NO SES LIGHT I THOUGHT MAYBE TOO MUCH PRESSURE SO I SET IT TO 15 PSI AND GUES WHAT YEP YOU GUESSED IT IT STILL DROPS OFF AND THE TRUCK JUST FALLS ON ITS FACE AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR IS MY REGULATOR "NOT GOOD ENOUGH" OR IS SOMETHING ELSE GOING ON

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IT IS THE SAME THING ITS ONLY LETTING THE COMPUTER SEE 15LBS OF BOOST

·
Registered
447 Posts
How did you make the boost fooler? Does it do this at the same PSI on your guage every time? How much boost are you showing on the guage when this happens? Sounds to me as though the boost fooler is dumping all your boost.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ITS A REGULATER FOR A AIR COMPRESSOR AND ITS ONLY LETTING 15PSI THROUGH AND MY REGULAR GAUGE WHICH IS SHOWING IT BEFORE THE FOOLER AND ITS LIKE 28PSI

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm wondering if you have a boost leak somewhere. I don't see a CCV mod in your sig. How oily are your intake and IC boots?

·
Premium Member
3,578 Posts
I tried the same thing years ago with an air compressor type regulator I got at tractor supply, I think the regulator doesn’t work well because the air is not actually flowing, it is trapped in the line. I later did the 4.7 volt Zener diode and it works great. I got a pack of 5 on eBay for around $1 and it takes less than 5 minutes to install.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts