Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone running a Gryphon programer or a Phoenix chip from power hunghry performance? If so which one and how do you like it.

·
Premium Member
1,217 Posts
Is anyone running a Gryphon programer or a Phoenix chip from power hunghry performance? If so which one and how do you like it.
Can't go wrong with either one, with the Gryphon, you get a code reader too, however, you have to stop, reload tune and then start again, with the chip you just turn the knob and drop the hammer.

Bills a pretty fart smeller and he will take care of ya.

·
Registered
796 Posts
hey twildman, got a reburn headed your way. order 1814.

love the chip

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a gryphon and I really like it. Bill was very helpful because at one point there was a chip in my truck, and it was just pulled. it left my ecm without a stock file and the gryphon wouldn't load. Bill worked after hours over the phone and rewrote a stock file for my ecm which then allowed me to down load it onto the programmer and onto the truck. I have 65 tow, 80 performance and 120 race. I'm averaging around 17.5 mpg around town on the 120. I've used the 65 tow to pull my boat on some pretty steep and bad roads and have never had a problem. I wouldn't trade it for anything. The alerts are great too. Give Bill or Corey a call they can help you further.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I run the Phoenix 6 position and i love it. Super fast service with bill and corey they are awesome when it comes to customer service. I run the Fuel sipper, 65 hp, 80hp, 100hp, 120hp, and smoke show. I run in 100 all the time and i love the power that it makes. Another good thing about PHP is when they get the software up you can get all of the tunes sent to you for what ever mods you have and you can take your chip out and load whatever programs you want on it.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I chose the Gryphon because it has the guages and code reader functions and some other nice-to-have features. I have the 65Tow, 80Performance and Fuel-Sipper tunes loaded - and he wrote me some custom veggie tunes, too. I love it and Bill and Corey have always been very responsive to my questions.

If I had analog guages, I would have gone with the FU chip package.

Good luck!

·
Supporting Vendor
363 Posts
Can't go wrong with either one, with the Gryphon, you get a code reader too, however, you have to stop, reload tune and then start again, with the chip you just turn the knob and drop the hammer.

Bills a pretty fart smeller and he will take care of ya.
Just read your post to Billy. His response: "Aw, that's my boy." :wink[3]: Thanks for the post, Tony. Was good to hear from you, too!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to Bill on the phone today, I can't decide if I need shift on the fly or not. I need gauges so I could gey both with the Gryphon. Looking for feedback from the people using the product.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Maybe I have the wrong # I have called 4 times and left a message with no return call how do i get a hold of bill or corey. I did call the first time to early but the other 3 were over this past week and no answer or return call? I have some questions.

·
Supporting Vendor
363 Posts
You must be the person that I e-mailed this morning. :wink[3]: Honestly, the phone start ringing at noon (sometimes before!) and don't slow down until about 7 or 8PM. Depending on how many lines we have going at once, new callers either get directed to voicemail or to the call attendant.

Please know that you aren't being ignored -- it's just a matter of finding time to return your message and not feel like we have to rush off the phone, which is why I asked for your phone number. Generally, the phones slow a bit in the evening, so we're able to call customers and spend some time with them after 7PM or so. Since the phones are so busy during the day, we've found that it's often easier to call a customer than to ask them to call us.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
i love my PHP chip!!! i havnt used any other tuners but bill was awesome, super nice and really knows his stuff!! im hoping to do some more mods and get him to live tune my truck so i can get my EGTs down and make it perfect( its pretty darn close now)

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have run the Bully Dog 4 bank, Edge Evo, and currently the new PHP 6 position. The power is great I've pulled some pretty gnarly hills with my big a$$ toy hauler and the truck has never dropped below 57mph.

W

·
0 Posts
i also have Bills tunes on my TS chip from DPP... just got it reburned with some PMR breaking tunes :nod:... i love all of Bills tunes and he is the only one what will tune my trucks.... now if only they offered a chip with more than 6 positions.... :poke

·
Registered
959 Posts
Bill was up this way a few weeks ago for DDP's dyno day and did some live tuning on my truck. I'm super happy with it! He's an awesome guy to deal with and does great work. He's been around longer than DP Tuner or wildman so he knows his stuff. Can't go wrong with his tunes!

·
Registered
239 Posts
PHP RULES!!!!! :thumb:

Every day I drive my truck, I look up at my Gryphon and am thankful I decided to go that route... and I do my little happy dance, knowing that I am running Bill's tunes. :woot:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello my name is Mark and I have a 1996 F250 with a K&N, 4" MBRP Exhaust, and an Edge Evolution Programmer. I am interested in the PHP Pheonix chip and was wondering how long it usually takes to arrive from order date to ship date on average. I was also wondering if anyone knew of a good place to sell my edge. :doh:

thanks in advance,
Mark

·
Supporting Vendor
363 Posts
We have a sale going on through December 31, so we're super busy. :thumb: I'd say that right now, a Phoenix chip would take about a week to get out to you.

To sell your Edge, you can try the classifieds on the forums (ours, too, if you'd like). Do you have an Evo or an Attitude?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts