Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 97 crew cab my power door locks dont work. I hit the button and they try to unlock but wont. I hit the lock and they lock. I switched out the button with the one on my 95 and that didnt help. Theres a box in the middle of the dash towards the bottom that keeps clicking like a relay when i hit the button. I dont know where to start. Oh and i have checked the fuses and the circuit breaker in the fuse panel. I didnt see any thing for power door locks in the distribution box.

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
Sounds to me like you need to lubricate the lock mechanisms including where the rod passes through the top of the door panel. That made a big difference on mine.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll try that and let you know thanks

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
There is a possibility that something is fubar'd with the keyless entry module (box you hear clicking.) I would think the switch and wiring are okay if the doors do lock. Older Ford/Lincoln/Mercury cars (94-95) use the same module, and you should be able to get one at a DIY auto wrecker, just roam around for cars with door keypads. You'll have to re-program your remotes to the new module if you have to replace it.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I would pull the box out of my 95 would i have to reprogram anything just to see if that fixes it?

·
Electrical Ogre
12,276 Posts
If you swap the boxes just to see if the wiring etc. is good will not require reprogramming.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks ill try that this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts