Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got a Viper keyless entry. It came with my PSD when I purchased it in Dec. of last year. It's worked without a hitch so far...today, I thought I was having problems with it. I went to a local firestation today to show my son some firetrucks. I parked my truck across the street & hit the 'lock' key. Both locks engaged no problem. We stayed there for an hour or so. When we came back, I hit the 'unlock' key and the driver's side locked barely popped up enough to unlock the door, & the passenger side didn't come up @ all. I got home & checked to see if it was in fact the keyless entry. When I hit the unlock button on the door, sometimes both locks pop up, & sometimes neither of them pop up. It's gotten to the point now where neither of them pop up consistently & the remote is useless. I checked the fuse in the PDB & the fuse is okay. Does anyone else know where I should start digging next? Has anyone else experienced this?:confused::dunno::confused::dunno:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
could be your door lock actuators when mine went out they would work some times and other times no luck.

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Does it seem to work less after a little bit, like the batteries on the truck are gettin low? Does the truck crank over fine?

That or, what year is your truck? Lock actuators might be on the way out.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does it seem to work less after a little bit, like the batteries on the truck are gettin low? Does the truck crank over fine?

That or, what year is your truck? Lock actuators might be on the way out.:dunno:
It does seems to work less after a little bit, but my batteries/charging system are A-OK. I'm leaning toward the door lock actuators. I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine & he said the same thing happened to his mother's F-150. He said the surefire way the problem identifies itself is when you hit the unlock button, whichever lock doesn't pop up is the culprit.

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apprecitate the input from all:thumb:! Your replies sealed the deal on the doorlock actuators. Does anyone have a ballpark area of where they fall pricewise?

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't know if there was one here or not and I had the one saved on the computer :dunno:
That's the only tough thing about finding stuff on the Forums. You have to go through extensive research to find a specific thread you're looking for. I've been a member of many different forums(Mustangs Forums, T-Bird Forums, & [gulp] even a DSM Forum) & I'll have to say: this is the ONLY Forum I haven't been scolded for posting a thread that already exsists!:stupidcomputer: I appreciate the links to my problems! Thanks, guys!:thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts