Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Are you running Stage II's on the stock turbo? Wow. I'd look for a boost leak right off. The stock system wasn't designed to go above 16 Psi (through I've had mine to 27psi).

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
L-O-V-E my current set-up but want MORE! Around town is nice with plenty of giddyap. Average 17.3 MPGs but with winter rollingin that is slowly dropping. Tows nice too.

Ok boost leaks, looks like your induction system is still pretty stock. This means a leak in one (or more) of three spots. Pull the intake Y-Pipe off and make sure the o-ring from the turbo to the Y is still there and soft/pliable. Check the boots for tightness at all four hose clamps and check the insides for cracks and holes. Last look all the way around the intake plenums to see if your boost level has pushed out the seal to the heads. While the Y-Pipe is off check the inducer wheel for any damage or play in any direction (up, down, left, right, in, out). Now look for any oil from the intake path running down into the heads from the turbo or before.

·
BANNED by Kris
6,322 Posts
Good to know. I have not seen/heard this to be an issue on the pre-97's will keep that in mind for the future.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.