Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i am looking at a 2009 CCSB f350 fully loaded with 68K the dealer has it listed for 38000 i think that is to much and the car fax says it was in an accident. also i was wondering what the fuel economy of the 6.4 is with a dpf and air filter.

also the dealer said they can not sell it to me in CT with the dpf on it so i would have to find a stock exhust to put back on it for the sale i dont know if anyone would be able to help me out.

currently i have a 7.3 and i just dont know if i am willing to sell it and get a new truck i was thinking about offering the dealer 32000 and see what that gets me i think 38K is way to much for the truck.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yeah I would keep looking. That is pretty steep for an 08

·
Registered
872 Posts
why does the dealer have it listed for sale w/ a dpf delete installed if they cant sell it to you like that in your state??? and they want you to find a dpf for it? i would walk away and keep looking.. tons of trucks for sale out there without that headache. JMO

·
Registered
640 Posts
Just to give you an idea I paid 34k for a 2008 Harley Davidson F250 with 55k miles a few months ago. Truck was stock and had never been in a crash (per the owner and carfax). Also came with the extended warranty until 2015 or 100k miles, bed liner, window tints, and original tires. Still has the new car smell in it slightly too.

You can search craigslist for the DPF's and pick one up on there if you want to use that as leverage with the dealer. You probably won't find too many on Ebay because they are so freaking heavy the shipping would kill you. And to buy one new I believe is around $1300. I would say 32-33k is more like it, being that it's modfied and they want YOU to make it stock and it's been in a crash. And like stated above, there are a ton of trucks out there for sale that don't require as much work. Good luck!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya thats what i was thinking i am going to look at it tomorrow i was thinking if i could just tell him look i will pay 31 for it or something and do the work to sell it then maybe but i wont pay 38 for it no way.

but they have it listed because the ford dealership has multiple locations and some are in new york where they can sell it as it but we will see tomorrow

Hartford, CT 2009 Ford F-350 Crew Cab Lariat 4x4 156" WB Used Truck Torrington, CT Waterbury, CT Torrington Ford Lincoln Inc

what do you guys think of it

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
The dealership offered me $35,000 on trade for my '09 Cabela's F350. Has all the same equipment except for nav but has less miles, 35,000 less miles than the one you're looking at. As mentioned before, the price is steep, very steep.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Ya way over priced! but if you want to spend 38K I'll sell you mine:beer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts