Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says, I'd like to see who has train horns and how they are set up. And I'm not talking about the cheap pep boys plastic horns i mean real train horns. I have a few sets of Airchime Nathan K5 horns, seeing what the best set up would be.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I'll second that. I've got a set of Nathan horns as well that a buddy gave me. Says Model P on the back. Is that a good model? Sure is loud. He had some bigger units but I thought these would fit the best under the truck.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
When I had my cclb 08, I had the tank and compressor set up like this:

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1422662435.689104.jpg ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1422662451.194384.jpg

And I just mounted the horns on the Nathan manifold on the driveshaft crossmember, couldn't find that pic tho.

Edit: found the pic!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Yup I got Nathan P3's, had them for 3 years and I love em!

Pics on my 2000 f250:

View attachment 385409

View attachment 385417

Got everything & individual mounting brackets and air distribution box from Welcome To Real Train Horns Restorations INC - Real Train Horns - (Powered by CubeCart)[/QUOI

I like your set up any issues with debris getting inside the horns?

Not at all! I do plan to stick some panty hose over each trumpet, but I've been saying that for years lol. There's a company that makes stainless covers for them, I think micro precision, something like that. They're nice but $75 per trumpet.

·
Registered
477 Posts

Reactions: mts678

·
Registered
196 Posts
1 - 20 of 48 Posts