Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

possible weak HPOP?

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  00t444e 
#1 ·
I recently fixed a boost leak in my 99.5 f350, after I fixed the boost leak my truck throws a service engine light soon when the boost goes above 27 psi, the boost then drops to 10 psi until the light turns off. I am assuming this is a symptom of over boosting. The codes I am getting are P0238,P1249, P1316, P0478, P1212, P0541. The Previous time this light came on their was also a P1211. Are these all symptoms of over boost codes? my local tuner says he can't tune out the over boost code but I got a hold of somebody at Gear Head tunes who said they do tune that out. Who is right?

Secondly the other day I Dynoed the truck and it put down 395HP at the wheels in the hottest tune But I am wondering if my HPOP is able to keep up with the 180/80 single shot injectors? I have uploaded the datalogging from the dyno. If the HPOP is indeed not keeping up would the Adrenaline HPOP be worth the extra cost over a factory reman?

Thanks, Kaden.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
get someone elses tunes. You are around 2200 which is a LITTLE LOW but nowhere near enough to worry about. I would def. check your ICP sensor. more than likely oil is seeping past it and into the wire connection. Also the IPR which regulates the pressure from the hpop is VERY common to have the nut loosening and the wire pigtail connector rotting out.

Most see a bit of pep with a new IPR and IPR pigtail but I feel this is more tuning related. You should not need an overboost regulator and the tune manipulates the ICP reading. You need to see what you icp reading are on a stock file wide open throttle etc.

#4 ·
Who's tunes are you using? Pretty much all 7.3 custom tuning companies can tune out the overboost defueling. What other mods do you have?

#9 ·
What tunes are you using in the TS6? Your injectors need custom tunes to run right.

#12 ·
My 180/80 work fine and my stock HPOP will hold 2900 psi on the 1023 tunes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.