Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a valley full of oil. Is there any easy way to determine if it is the HPOP? I don't know if I want to tackle this myself. Are there any shops in the Lake Charles, La. area that have a good rep and reasonable pricing? My truck is a 2000 Lariat F250 7.3 with 250k miles on it, otherwise excellent condition.

My # is (337) 842-8561

Thanks.
Brett

·
Registered
673 Posts
Get some rags and a couple cans of cleaner and clean the valley out really good. Then run the truck and look for the leak. Look really closely at the HPOP fittings and the fittings in the heads that the HPOP lines run to. All 4 fitting are really bad about leaking. Could also be plug in HPOP or mounting gasket. Could be turbo O-rings too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hpop leak

i have done this. the valley is very clean. using a bright lamp watching for leaks from all the fittings i have none. it seems to come from under the pump.
what areas in front of the hopo could leak? is there a way to see them? if i do need to remove the hpop and pump is there anythin else i should do besides reparing the leaks? is there a detailed r & r proccedure for this?
boyd

1 - 3 of 3 Posts