Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me and I’m sorry if this has been covered before I tried searching but didn’t really find anything quite likely what I have going on. Anyway I recently picked up a 99 (I think it’s an early 99 but not sure) F250 with 230k that is all stock. Sometimes when I take off and the engine is cold it has almost no power. I can’t hear the turbo build boost and it struggles to get up to 35mph. Runs fine other than that.

Once it get close to operating temp I can hear a whooshing/hissing sound and then it takes off like nothing happened. Do you think my EBPV valve is staying closed for too long? Or maybe something else I need to look at?

Appreciate any help,

Andrew

·
Registered
727 Posts
What you’re describing is definitely the EBP valve. All you have to do is unplug the electrical connector on it and it should stay open all the time. Most people delete them in some form. That’s the simplest way

If you want to go all out you can get a delete pedestal and a “high flow” turbo outlet. That’s the cleanest way to get rid of it, but the most expensive and time consuming. I’d start with unplugging it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
when it comes time to rebuild the turbo do the pedestal and valve delete

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
delete that useless junk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply’s everyone. I appreciate the help. Where’s the plug to disable it? The one by the hpop?

·
Registered
99 f350 7.3, 8inch lift, 37x13.50's
55 Posts
Corey, What are you asking for a late 99 7.3 set up and what does it consist of? I'm thinking about doing away with my Ebpv to increase the flow.

·
Vendor
13,045 Posts
Corey, What are you asking for a late 99 7.3 set up and what does it consist of? I'm thinking about doing away with my Ebpv to increase the flow.
You'll need these 2 Garrett parts. If you dont want to modify your existing pedestal and outlet yourself if you have the tools.

Something to consider with all that stuff out is to maybe upgrade your compressor wheel and replace your fuel lines. Stock lines are notorious for getting a hole rubbed in them by the strap that holds them in the valley. You can always just buy the factory OEM line or I have a kit if you are interested. Certainly not necessary on a stock truck, but something to consider with most of the stuff out of your way while doing the pedestal and outlet.

·
Registered
99 f350 7.3, 8inch lift, 37x13.50's
55 Posts
Thanks Corey. What kind of cost would I be looking at for the parts to make those changes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry I never did follow up on this thread. So yes unplugging the ebpv solved the issue I was having. A little worried about passing an emissions test now as I believe unplugging sets off a soft code? Either was it’s been trouble free since I unplugged it woohoo.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts