Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a fiber glass tono cover and need a new location for the antennas to mount. Does any one have pics of them mounted and how. looking for ideas

Thanx,
Rob

·
Registered
250 Posts
well i have seen them on the mirror.... i pesrsonally dont realy like them on it but its your truck....lol i'll get a pic if you want

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have seen them on the mirror.... i pesrsonally dont realy like them on it but its your truck....lol i'll get a pic if you want
A pic would be nice. I would be intrestend in how they made and installed a mount for the mirrors.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
You can buy the aluminum mount for the mirror run the coax through the door. Drill a small hole in the plastic cover for the mirror to feed the coax through. With in 30 minutes your done.

The mount costs about 10 bucks at any local truck stop.

·
Registered
250 Posts
whips

alright i'll try to get one tonight...but the mount is easy..
just get the two peace mount that they come with tht is suppose to go on i big rig metal mirror...you will need to get some longer bolts

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've seen a few trucks with the fiberglass bed covers where they drilled a whole in the top of the rear bumper and mounted antennas in front of tail lights so not to interfere with tailgate. Didn't look bad.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
has any one tried to place a mount between the cab and the box. I use to have them mounted to the box and like the look but i need a cover now.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
has any one tried to place a mount between the cab and the box. I use to have them mounted to the box and like the look but i need a cover now.
Go to the hardware store. You can get a piece of flat stock that is rigid enough. Mount it to the front of the box on the top rail closest to the cab. Then drill a hole and mount the antenna to that.

I have a L bracket that is set up like this with my 102" stainless steel whip mounted to it. Sorry I have no pictures currently of this.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to the hardware store. You can get a piece of flat stock that is rigid enough. Mount it to the front of the box on the top rail closest to the cab. Then drill a hole and mount the antenna to that.

I have a L bracket that is set up like this with my 102" stainless steel whip mounted to it. Sorry I have no pictures currently of this.
thats a good idea i will have to look at that tomorrow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts