Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just like it says... I am wondering if I can assess the relay to trigger the reverse lights from under the dash... Anyone know? I know it is there but don't know what to tap or which wire to tap to trigger the relay. I was just trying to tap into what the truck already has instead of adding another relay and running a wire all the way to the rear.
Purpose??? I want to turn on the reverse lights manually to make it easier to hook up trailer and dock boat..

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know this probably doesn't help.....but....why don't you just get some cheap $15 lights from Pepboys, and mount them under your rear bumper?

like this:

I already have a set of 55w under frame on hitch mounts, then I have a LED bar with reverse LEDs and finally the factory lights, soon to be replaced with LEDs, so I have the light, I am just looking for a way to trigger the factory relay. (which wires to tap into)

·
Registered
551 Posts
There should be a wire for that on the 7 pin connector of the trailer wiring. Why not tap that? Its already at the rear of the truck.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Good idea! and you could probably just trigger the led line of fire bar to come on, and that should give you enough right?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what I am trying to do is trigger the relay INSIDE the cab, in the FUSE panel to activate the trucks reverse lights, I already have the bumper, LED, and factory reverse lights all wired and working properly, I am just looking for a way to trigger the FACTORY relay to turn them all on. ie: when you put the truck in REV. - but i want to put a toggle on it to turn them all on w/o putting the truck into REV.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There is a wire you can tab into right next to the fuse box, Ill look under my dash tomorrow.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is a wire you can tab into right next to the fuse box, Ill look under my dash tomorrow.
Sweet... I had looked but couldn't figure it out... didnt know which one would tell the relay to actuate....:dunno:

·
Registered
3 Posts
2002 f350

I want to do the same thing as lifsvr7 on a 2002 f350? is it pretty much the same? I just bought this truck and have had a brand new box of fog lights for 5 years and never installed them on anything until now. Definitly need more light backing up into the driveway so i don't hit the old lady's BMW or our driveway lights......its a small driveway makes for a little tight fit.

:usa:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts