Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user. Don't own a Power Stroke yet. Picked the nick because there's a sweet 2008 F350 SD Super Cab I drooled all over today. Salesmen left me alone because I was getting my current truck repaired there.

Currently own a 2000 F250 SD Crew Cab with the 5.4L Triton. Don't need the full back seat any longer and feel it's time to trade. Dog should fit in the back. Will be first thing to try.

Wife thinks I'm crazy to want a diesel with the price going up every 2 days. She may be right.

Anyone want to talk me into or out of doing it? :confused:

Jim

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
:welcome1::welcome2::ORG welcome::welcome2::welcome1:

·
Premium Member
19,112 Posts
Welcome to the ORG! I flat out love my truck despite the cost of fuel... Good luck in your decision, Jim!

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
if you can afford it on top of the cost of the new truck and ins. and modifications (youll see what i mean if you spend much more time on here!) i say go for it but only if you can afford it!

WELCOME TO POWERSTROKE.ORG!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,441 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG JIM!! Love both my PSD's but that's the only thing i've owned since 94.

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Honestly I can't see myself going back to a gasser truck unless Im forced into it by the govt, so yes if you want one do it now while you still can make that choice on your own:thumb:

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
There is no " Talking You into it ". Test drive it and you won't want to get out. That's it.:dunno:

·
If it aint a CAT itsa DOG
4,553 Posts
Welcome to the ORG! I traded in my 05 F150 with a 5.4 for my diesel and love it. I don't regret my decision at all, even with the price of fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all for welcome!

So I guess I asked for advice from the right crowd! :thumb:

Getting familiar with the site. Have just read some scary reports of fuel in the crankcase oil and poor mileage on the '08s. Will have to decide if these problems are the exception or widespread.

Great site, will lurk a while and read up. In the meantime, I'll be dieseling with my New Holland tractor. :woot:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Welcome to Powerstroke.org
:welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1::welcome2::welcome1:​

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Welcome! Diesel is the SHIZ!

·
Registered
17 Posts
somebody talked me into it!! i just traded my gas saver for my truck and wouldn't drive anything else. man modifications are addicting.

·
She's paid for!!!!!!
661 Posts
:ORG welcome:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
:welcome1: to the ORG!!

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Well I'll be the first downer on here. When I started driving diesels in 1993, it made a lot of sense. That's all i've owned since then.

Now it doesn't make sense.

Unless you enjoy diving and modding them, which i do love. I wouldn't trade my truck for any gasser. BUT, it just doesn't make sense to buy a new diesel these days. What is the engine option nowadays? 6k? 7k? With that extra cost, and fuel being almost $4.50/gal., with the added mpg you get, you will still NEVER recover that cost. Especially if you buy one that doesn't get very good milage...

Sorry guys, I love my truck, but it's true...

Don't yell at me

·
Registered
3,989 Posts
I have owned diesel since i was 16. Wouldnt trrade them for anything. They far outlast a gasser and you can recoup the money spent in the longevity of it. oh! and :ORG welcome:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts