Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been seeing a lot more talk about ported intakes. Who sells them? I've seen guys cutting them, hand porting (I assume), and welding them back together. Has anyone tried having their intake extrude honed? I see they can extrude hone intakes, heads, turbo housings, and exhaust manifolds.

·
Premium Member
10,595 Posts
Due to the internal manifold interferences extrude honing will not achieve the same results as the more in-depth porting.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are ALOT of obstructions inside the stock intake it would be hard to remove them with extrude honing. You may be able to do it, but it would be a high chance of blowing thru the sides, or taking alot of the extrude hone material.
Here are some pictures of the obstructions inside the intake from my intake project etc..

The roof ridges extend into the the mouth and egr area also

Thanks,
Deo

Reactions: Gadgetguru

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Windrunner ported intakes by ODAWG. FTW

Reactions: SCjake and bondajb

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
^this... love my ported intake by nate:)

Reactions: SCjake

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Or if you in Ca. get one from ODAWG directly. Way cool guy and an awesome piece of work.
Highlighted part is true. The other part not so much :hehe:

Reactions: ebusa

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts

·
More boost than tire psi
566 Posts
I need more numbers for when I get drunk, lol.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
The smoother the better..

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
I just put an intake from oliver on my truck, very nice intake, bolted right up, and he can have them powder coated and/or ceramic coated for you. ill try to get some pics of mine up, jake you should post yours. I havent put many miles on it...having issues getting a good turbo, but once I do hopefully ill get some results and data posted. im trying to flow bench a stock 6.0 intake, stock 6.4 Intake, then a ported one, just for curiousity

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Here's some pics of the one I did myself. Probably not the best in the world but pretty good I thought. Definitely flows better, saw lower egt and seemed to have quicker spool.

Now if I could get a bigger turbo to try out on it.

As for the egr stuff, for the most part it's still in there. On the right (I think) there was a "wall", for lack of a better term, I cut that out so there is a wide open passage going to both sides.

Got the intake that came off my truck in the basement I'm gonna tear into. Gonna take a little different approach to opening it up and deal with the egr stuff a little different.

Attachments

Reactions: Gadgetguru

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've been seeing a lot more talk about ported intakes. Who sells them? I've seen guys cutting them, hand porting (I assume), and welding them back together. Has anyone tried having their intake extrude honed? I see they can extrude hone intakes, heads, turbo housings, and exhaust manifolds.
so ive kinda been wondering about the same things. any body know?

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
Pm... ODAWG. . He has a lot of GREAT info!!!

1 - 20 of 153 Posts