Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for an air compressor? I have to air my tires down when beach driving and the gas station pumps are too slow and won't fill my tires up to spec.

I bought the best portable one from Pep Boys and it over heated after 1 minute and barley got my tire to 50psi.

I'm looking for one that hooks up to my battery, is capable of filling a tire to 70-80psi with continuous running time per tire. No tank, something portable. The Pep Boys model claimed better than this but clearly didn't come close.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Oasis xd3000

Sent from iPhone

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seeing how this truck takes every penny I have in repairs I can't afford a $1,400 compressor.

$100-200 range possible?

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will call but are the Viair's capable of air up to 70-80psi without problems? "0-30psi in 5mins" doesn't mean much to me.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
I know, but they're badass and you'll never look back. You can't get a good compressor for what you need for under $200.00. I have the viair 480c and it fills my 5 gallon tank in about 1.5- 2.0 minutes.

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
That fills up 5 gallons at 150 psi in tat time frame

·
Premium Member
717 Posts
As mts678 has said , i would also recommend going with a viair 480 , i have 2 running a 12 gallon tank , You can find a nice small tank 5 gallon hot dog style for very reasonable and mount it some where out of your way , get 1 nice viair compressor and get a air chuck set up with a hose section long enough to reach all your tires , it will be money well spent , youve already got xx amount into that pep boys one , heres a pic of mine very mobile air ,I tried resizing before posting so sorry for big pics , resizing didnt work!!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
Here's mine:
. I've recently added a quick connect so I have air hose an tools to run off it. I also added a 90 degree elbow on the pressure switch so it's not sticking out

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. Those are awesome set-ups guys!

·
Yeah it's a Turbo Diesel
4,156 Posts
That just took me a few hours to get that mounted, about half my Saturday. And half my Friday to grind it all down and paint it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts