Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winner gets my gratitude :) Just bought this 2002 superduty and am finding all these little things I have no idea what they are. This is my first diesel, but vehicle #13, all the rest were gassers - a mix of large and small trucks and cars, performance and bland so forgive me if this is an obvious question.

Part is on the front side of the passenger side exhaust manifold - this is looking in through the wheel well past the dampers.

·
Registered
642 Posts
EGT probe to me bud

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
what he said ^:nod: oh wait, isnt the egt probe wire and not hard pipe?

·
PMR = JUNK
11,244 Posts
EGT probe to me bud
Bankrupt. Go home. EGT probes are a wire not a tube, and probes are generally installed on the drivers side.

Its the Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) tube. It should run up to a sensor right behind the fan on the top of the front of the engine near the HPOP.

·
Premium Member
9,603 Posts
:ditto: EBP valve tube. you can follow it up to the sensor just behind the water pump

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Yep. EBP tube. You more than likely wanna clean that tube out. It gets pretty icky.

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
Bankrupt. Go home. EGT probes are a wire not a tube, and probes are generally installed on the drivers side.

Its the Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) tube. It should run up to a sensor right behind the fan on the top of the front of the engine near the HPOP.

:ditto:

and guess what?

they are EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me on that :doh::censored:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

Its the Exhaust Back Pressure (EBP) tube. It should run up to a sensor right behind the fan on the top of the front of the engine near the HPOP.[/QUOTE

:ditto:

and guess what?

they are EXPENSIVE TO REPLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!

trust me on that :doh::censored:
dear lordy that lil bugger is a pretty penny aint it!

·
Beach Bum
26,652 Posts
dear lordy that lil bugger is a pretty penny aint it!
you would think an aluminum 1ft tube would be around 10-20 from ford right?

wrong.

it was 50-60.

well i thought it was expensive for that.
when i was removing the engine heads, i didnt know that was there till i snapped it into 2 pieces. :doh:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
you would think an aluminum 1ft tube would be around 10-20 from ford right?

wrong.

it was 50-60.

well i thought it was expensive for that.
when i was removing the engine heads, i didnt know that was there till i snapped it into 2 pieces. :doh:
OH I meant the sensor! I cleaned out my EBP tube and it was good, but that sensor is a good $140!!! Backpressure reading was 55psi straightpiped :tard:

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
What kind of pressure does the Exhaust Back Pressure Tube handle? I was cleaning mine today and it cracked-I have some JB Weld on it right now, just waiting for it to cure. Not sure if it will hold or not.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Anyone get a prize yet?

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
why replace the pipe? i cut mine, ran a gauge to one end the a tube from the map sensor to the sensor side of the tube and no probs. you can monitor your back pressure to see what your ratio is as well

·
Registered
470 Posts
So apparently it doesn't really matter if there are holes in the pipe? Could I use the other end of the connection on the manifold for the pyro gauge?

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Wow, I am not familiar with people trying that. I am not sure how accurate it would be.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Exhaust back pressure tube! should go up to the top of the engine to a sensor!

·
Registered
470 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts