Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a f550 mason dump truck with 83,000 miles. I did and egr and dpf delete thinking i will increase mpg. Currently i am getting 6-9 mpg on average. Something just doesnt seem right. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I just did the same to my 6.4 and mpg bumped up to about 13 from 10-12. Haven’t done an air filter yet - hope this makes a difference. I’m doing tank math also. Some guys claim 17-18 after the deletes. I’m not seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
I did the same and getting 18.5 avg over the past 3 months. Running tyrant street tune on sct x4. Only other thing i did is 5" pipe from downpipe back.
I just did the same to my 6.4 and mpg bumped up to about 13 from 10-12. Haven’t done an air filter yet - hope this makes a difference. I’m doing tank math also. Some guys claim 17-18 after the deletes. I’m not seeing it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did the same and getting 18.5 avg over the past 3 months. Running tyrant street tune on sct x4. Only other thing i did is 5" pipe from downpipe back.

Is that hand math jcb? And is that a custom tune or did that come with the sct4? What about air filter - you still stock?

·
Premium Member
7,657 Posts
You probably have 4.88 gears so you'll never see the mileage that a street truck with 3.73s gets

·
Registered
19 Posts
Havnt done the hand math, goin off what the dash says, and yes, its a custom tune, not a preloaded. And S&B cold air intake. My bad, I forgot to add that to previous post.
Is that hand math jcb? And is that a custom tune or did that come with the sct4? What about air filter - you still stock?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I deleted everything last year, and did ID tunes on an SCT livewire. Tried the tow, mild street, hot street, (and race tune for one 50 mile trip) - the mild street did the best. All the others are the same, or worse, than before I deleted.

Pre-delete, by hand I went from 13.5-14 interstate to 15-15.5 interstate.
Around town driving is pretty much still the same for both. Mid 13'ish.

The dash will tell me I get anywhere from 15-17 around town. Nope. 13.5
The dash will also tell me I get around 25-27 on the interstate. Nope. 15.

Most I've ever gotten before delete was 15.5, most after the delete was 16.

My truck just hates me. **shrug**

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks all. I have 3.73 - will see if a intake makes any difference. Not holding my breath but I do pop the air filter sensor in performance mode every time I start to feel the need for speed.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I see 17 mpg freeway on flat ground and ideal atmosperic conditions. 3.73 gears and unloaded as well. I get 12-13 city

Driving habits are the biggest thing. If you are driving on the freeway under ideal conditions ans reset your mpg meter, what does it say?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts