Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have currently the front diff cover for sale and will have the rear one available soon. The front has a small notch about 1/8in and needs to be polished, the rear is in good condition with it also needing a polish.

Pic is when they were just put on, i can get pics of what they look like now if interested. looking to get $125 for both or $75 each

·
Registered
35 Posts
Im interested... Send me some newer pics of them and what they look like now. Who makes them and why the heck would you be taking them off???

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
updated pics

Not sure who makes them they were on when i bought the truck. I'm changing them because I was putting on a duel steering stabilizer and it wouldn't work with the current one, it was hitting, thats why it has the small notch. I changed to a different after market one that works better so im going to change the rear one to match.

Front diff -

Rear diff -

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not going to work then. I have a dual steering stabilizer on my truck. Wish it would. Better luck next time, good luck with your sale.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I might be interested. these are aluminum right? Also about how old and do the bolts come with them?

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
35 Posts
I will purchase the rear one if it is aluminum and the chrome bolts come with them or we can work something else out. Very interested. Were are you located???

·
Registered
525 Posts
If he wants the rear I would possibly take the front. I'll have to look at my steering stabilizer and see how much room I have.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like a plan. Now all we need to know if they are aluminum. Wish I could do the front but I looked at mine and it does look tight. I hope it works out for you with the clearance problem.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Still 4 Sale????????????? Still interested

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, been away for a bit...They are aluminum. The rear has the bolts, the front does not. The shop that put the new one had to use them on the new one.

The reason for the new one for me was because the from stabilizer i wanted to use would not fit with it so keep that in mind :)

Also The front is the only one that is off the truck right now. I still need to do the rear cover which will be done soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ten Four. Get that Rear one off and put up some pics of it, I would also like to see a pic of the interior of the rear one. Very interested and need to get something moving soon on this. PM me if you would like to talk further about it and we can swap phone numbers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
NotStock
good thing you are trying to slide in here and take them, but you might want to get in line and it looks like you are a little under-priced also. So take a number and wait for him to post that he has gotten his new one on the rear. Thank you

·
Vendor
1,594 Posts
NotStock
good thing you are trying to slide in here and take them, but you might want to get in line and it looks like you are a little under-priced also. So take a number and wait for him to post that he has gotten his new one on the rear. Thank you
I dont know how you intended that post but it kinda sounds like your tryin to be a smart A$$. Im gonna go with me taking this the wrong way though. Im def not here to step on anybodies toes and anyone on here that has done business with me in the past can vouche for that. If you read over your posts, it says your interested, not that you have called dibs or anything else on them. If you have worked out something via PMS, smoke signals, homing pigeon, or what have you, I apologize. I wasnt trying to snake them out from anyone. But from the posts I read, they still seemed very much for sale and thus I made an offer. As to being under-priced, kinda seems like that would be up to the seller......

·
Registered
525 Posts
Well I'm out anyways. It might work with my stabilizer but you can't see it anyway. And also NotStock is a good guy to deal with. Sold him some parts awhile back and he was top notch.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As soon as I get the rear one changed out I will let everyone know in order i received request and who ever still wants them both its theirs...I'm hoping to get this done in the next week or two.

What fluid is everyone using for the rear? Im not sure if its a limited slip or not. Syn or not?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Get yourself some AMSOIL SEVERE GEAR 75W-140. U can get it off there website if you like. I am a dealer for them and can get it much cheaper, so if you want to pm me and we can set something up also. I run Amsoil in all of my internals that require wet lubricants and even push the Cetane Boost throught the motor on a very very regular basis. Great products if you have the money to work with it. I do want the covers so let me know either way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts