Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been readin lot n hearin different things bout this. like in my other thread i plan on doin stage 2s n the 38r with tunes from beans or TW more than likely. since my 2003 has PMRs... with the stage 2s an 38r itll be over 400 horse... will this combo end up blowin my motor? (granted its not like im rapin my truck 95% of the time) if this is true then i plan on just doin the 38r an stage 1s an be round 400 horse prolly lil less though. i know that anything under 40lbs boost is ok an under 35lbs is very safe. any input very appreciated.
thanks alex

also i pull bout 7000lbs bout every weekend if that helps to.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Some will say yes, some will say maybe, few will say no.

Its a crap shoot. You roll the dice each time you put your foot down. Maybe you never roll snake eyes, maybe you do.

·
Coal Rolling = Posing
9,871 Posts
No one knows when forged rods will go either though.

Some go around 500, some lower. Some, last at much higher power levels.

Same with PMR's, just don't expect them to live forever above 400.

My old PMR motor lasted 30k + with tons of abuse, near 400.

The best answer is, if you're gonna play, have a back-up plan. Find a used 7.3 on craigslist or in your local salvage yard or something, so you have another engine you can go through while you run your current engine.

Then if something happens, swap the bolt ons over and drop the new on in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input everyone!

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Tuning will play a HUGE roll in it. Me and a few other guys are north of 500 on pmr, we all have the same tuner. Yet there are other guys that have broke forged rods at the same power as us and plenty of pmrs have been spit out at 400ish hp. No matter what it's a gamble, I knew when I went this big there was a chance of it popping but good tunes will give you the best possible chance.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Been at 468 hp for almost 3 years and still going strong but like everyone said its a gamble and i totally agree.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Tuning will play a HUGE roll in it. Me and a few other guys are north of 500 on pmr, we all have the same tuner. Yet there are other guys that have broke forged rods at the same power as us and plenty of pmrs have been spit out at 400ish hp. No matter what it's a gamble, I knew when I went this big there was a chance of it popping but good tunes will give you the best possible chance.
Who's tunes are you running?

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Been at 468 hp for almost 3 years and still going strong but like everyone said its a gamble and i totally agree.
Haha, according to a few guys on here that should be impossible with DP tunes!

Nice numbers man.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts