Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To make a long story short I have found that 2 of my injectors are bad. Now I checked when i bought my truck I have pmrs. After doing alot of reading about what injectors to run I am a bit confused. From what everyone says you want to run hybrids, but when I talked to jody at dp he told me not to get anything larger than stage 2s and that they will safer than a 238/100.My truck is my daily driver, I rarely tow with the truck so is pretty much a toy. My current mods are : built trans, f6, boost pyro trans temp, boost fooler,t500 hpop, shimmed fpr, exhaust and intake. I am just looking to be over 400whp under 450whp and be able to drive every day. also i dont have the cash for a 38r and injectors so i am upgrading the exhaust housing to a 1.0

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
PMR stands for PoweredMetalRods (as in connecting) and not the injectors though...
You should try reading the post.......Then you would know im trying to figure out what injectors to run for daily driving with pmrs......also I knew 2001 was a crap shoot that I could have had forged rods or pmrs and I pulled the plug on the side of the block and found pmrs :)

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Bump
As i expect to find myself in the same position before too long

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I'd go with a set of stage 2s with 100% nozzles. You can always detune hybrids, but why waste the money if you're not gonna go with forged rods,

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'd go with a set of stage 2s with 100% nozzles. You can always detune hybrids, but why waste the money if you're not gonna go with forged rods,
Well a few posts I read some people say that detuned hybrids are safer on the pmrs, but from what jody said thats not case. I was goin to buy 238/100s , but i was told 160/100s or 160/80s turned down are safer for pmrs. I dont doubt that jody knows what hes talking about and I am 99% sure I am going to take jodys advice anyway. I just wanted some more info as to why. Is it because of the lower injection ratio you have to run more pw?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why waste the money on putting forged rods. Might as well just push it till you blow then build up another engine with forged rods. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I'd get hybrids and detune. I have pmrs and got stage 2s. Eventually you will get the bug and want to run more power. And look at a van turbo over the 1.0 exhaust housing, it's usually cheaper that way.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'd get hybrids and detune. I have pmrs and got stage 2s. Eventually you will get the bug and want to run more power. And look at a van turbo over the 1.0 exhaust housing, it's usually cheaper that way.
The 1.0 housing and adapter is $315 Im not sure I can get a van turbo on my truck for that price. The 1.0 housing is a temp untill I get the funds for a 38r. Correct me if im wrong with stage 2s, t500, and 38r wouldnt that be able to produce over 450 whp turned up?

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
Correct me if im wrong with stage 2s, t500, and 38r wouldnt that be able to produce over 450 whp turned up?
You aren't wrong... you'd be pushing if not, then nearly a good 500whp with those mods.

I'd stick with stage 1's. Stage 1's will be between 380-420whp, depending on supporting mods and tuning, and be plenty safe for the pmr's. Stage II's is getting dicey because they can put down right around 450hp.

·
Premium Member
8,475 Posts
You should try reading the post.......Then you would know im trying to figure out what injectors to run for daily driving with pmrs......also I knew 2001 was a crap shoot that I could have had forged rods or pmrs and I pulled the plug on the side of the block and found pmrs :)
Dude, Please, I should "try reading the post" again after you edited it :D

In your original post (which you've retyped to clear your confusing post about having "PMR Injectors") :wink[3]: you now have a date & time recorded when you made those changes. And then posted this!

What a Dick :confused:

·
Registered
2,729 Posts

In your original post (which you've retyped to clear your confusing post about having "PMR Injectors") :wink[3]: you now have a date & time recorded when you made those changes. And then posted this!

Hahahaha busted! :rofl:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yes I re-edited the post because it was confusing about what my point was. At no point did I refer to PMR's as injectors. I assumed that when you posted that you were talking about the title that says PMR INJECTORS.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
And as for the post earler I apologise I took it the wrong way. Alls I wanted was help getting the right injectors and I got it. Thanks everyone I went with stage 2s.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Just a heads up Stage 2s can still destroy rods, I already knew that that and planned on a new block.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
^ya like I suggested... I wouldn't go higher than stage 1's if trying to stay very reliable.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I know mine will pop eventually, every time I race i expect to hear a pop and a loud knocking sound.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
I've got a d66 turbo, and stage twos, and you see my numbers on a conservatively tuned truck. A good friend of mine, on he he goes by HANK, he pulled like 350 whp Max. So, I'd say you can get closer to the magic number of 400 with stage 2s or you can run very comfortably with stage ones with about all they can flow.

·
Banned
5,630 Posts
^Ya good old hank... where's he been these days? Abandoning the ORG?

I've always had a thing for your dually.

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Thank you sir! :nod: she's got a thing for my wallet......lol

Hank is still around. His work picked up and he's been busy with that. But he's still posting up quite a bit in the CPA chat threads and others around...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts