Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hoping someone who has installed a PMF 2.5" lift on their truck can give me a shock #. I was hoping to have them here to install when I do the installation instead of installing the axle and having to wait to order the shocks. I was hoping to get a part # for bilsteins. I'm doing a dana 60 rsk with PMF 2.5" kit. I have V and B code springs. Thank You.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
call cary at CT Perfromance Inc... he will hook you up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did send Cary a PM. His reply was I don't have a clue. He said I needed the mounted height. Since I don't have the mounted height yet and others that have installed the same PMF kit should have the same height that I will end up with, I figured Cary or someone would have a part # for the correct Bilstein shocks. I will figure it out and since Cary doesn't have a clue I will look elsewhere.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
What size RSK are you going with. I can measure mine and I can even give you a Bilstine part number

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am following you're build and other's and I have purchased a beautiful PMF 2.5" rsk. My dana 60 is almost rebuilt and I want to have everything I need on hand to do the install so my truck won't be down for long. I appreciate if you could get me the part #'s. Thank You very much.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
DIdnt have time to get out to the garage. But I went through my notes

Shocks. It is up to you on what shocks you run but Bilstein shocks give the best ride.
Front 33-185552 / F4-BE5-6248-H5
Rear 33-185569 / F4-BE5-6249-H5

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem, how about if I give you a part # that other people have used? I have been told by at least two people that you were the person to get shocks from. I have been in business for myself for 29 years. I haven't a clue is not a phrase I use with my customers. Thank You.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I aplogize as well. I figured since others had told me you were the person to contact you would know what size I needed. I guess I didn't figure out until this started they were obviosly not using the PMF kit as I am. I am sorry I figured you knew. No hard feelings

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I was given the same size shock for my SKY RSK and V code springs as I was given for my PMF RSK w/ U code springs and there was almost 2" of difference. I actually wish the shocks were shorter

·
Registered
345 Posts
The best way to find out what shocks you'll need is to measure the resting height, then full droop. You can calculate compression distance from how you will limit your suspension.

Best to measure twice and buy once.

Cary was right leading you in that direction.

You short corner this part and you could end up with a set of shocks that are too short or too long.

I've got shocks intended for a Chevy up front in mine. I liked the valving and the length was correct. When your dealing with custom stuff like you're doing sometimes you gotta measure and use whatever it is your setup will need. No two trucks will be exactly the same.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hopefully I can be patient and order the correct length after everything is installed. Hopefully it won't take too long for ordering and shipping. Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was given the same size shock for my SKY RSK and V code springs as I was given for my PMF RSK w/ U code springs and there was almost 2" of difference. I actually wish the shocks were shorter
The next shorter shock does not have near as much travel for whatever reason 8.6" vs 10.17". I extended my bump stops a tad so the shock was not the limiting factor on compression.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So the part # for the shocks Brad listed will work best for the PMF 2.5" lift and maybe extend my bumpstops in front? Thanks Everyone.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts