Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the drag link and traction bars installed. It made a huge difference! The shift are nice and smooth. The transmission does not hesitate at all. I highly recommed these to anyone. I am stock height and after installing them i couldnt believe how much axel wrap a stock height truck has. :thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
152 Posts
Aside from shifting, how would you say your overall ride was affected from the traction bars? No affect? More firm?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aside from shifting, how would you say your overall ride was affected from the traction bars? No affect? More firm?
I havent noticed that it has affected the ride at all. It feels the same. I will report back after i get back from hunting next month :thumb:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Awesome! Let us know.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do! I was really surprised at how big a difference they made. I figured they would make a big difference at WOT but even at little to mid throttle they made a huge difference.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Trevor's stuff is definitely top notch. Going to get a set of his traction bars when I lift my truck.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
What size block did you get for your stock truck? Is yours just a 4x4 model or do you have the FX4 package?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just stuck with the stock height block. Mine is just a 4X4 model.

Reactions: emsmechanic

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice mod. would like to do as well. how long did it take you?
I actually took it to have it done. With all the overtime at work i didnt have time to do them myself. It took the shop about 4 hours. :D

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
what is the benefit to the aftermarket drag links?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
what is the benefit to the aftermarket drag links?
It looks like its way stronger than stock. Plus it comes with a replaceable 1 ton tie rod end on the pitman arm. If the stock one goes out you have to replace the whole drag link. If this one goes out i can just buy the tie rod end. Mine was shot so i thought i would give it a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Just put my PMF track bars on yesterday.... "BIG" difference to me, was also able to pull the 5th wheel to the shop today with them, I use the 210 HP NEGR and the shifts prior to the install were harsh to say the least, after the install it no longer jerks the truck from under you seems like a normal shift now. I have had these since May wish I had installed them sooner, but all I can say is Great job Trevor, the special plates you made for me due to the airbag configuation worked perfect...NEW truck again!!! Thanks Trevor for your help and time... just wish it would stop raining here in Washington so I can go play.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts