Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the recent 30 degree days here in Southern Alberta have forced my hand on plugging back in my EGR Valve. Since I have the latest flash it seems that the computer will reduce fan functionality and also reduce the functionality of the Turbo Veins. So yesterday I went and plugged in the EGR Valve and reset the PCM since this truck has never been ran with the EGR plugged in. I walked the computer through its relearning stages and wow.. I never knew what I was missing after plugging the valve back in my throttle response was night and day better, turbo lag almost half of what it was before and I don't know if there is more power but my butt dyno sure likes it!

So just a shout out to any of the other guys running 2004 6.0l with the latest stock flash, plugging mine back in definitely made a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Here in Ontario we have no choice but to run it along with everything else emissions related . We have government bureaucrats
policing ( roadside inspections ) all over the province .
My truck runs pretty nice with it all installed . I know of one person on here that runs power service fuel additive and says his EGR
cleaning duties are greatly reduced using it .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Speaking of Additives I am running Archoil 6200 Fuel Additive as well as their 9100 Oil Additive. I'm honestly surprised my valve even opened after being closed for 13 years.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts