Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this pipe it leads to the cab, something to do with heater. Could this leak Coolant

Attachments

·
Registered
593 Posts
That looks like where the heater hose hooks to the engine. On the other end is there a rubber hose that runs to the firewall? If so that can definitely leak and looks like it's been leaking.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a rubber seal?

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
O-ring seal. However i think the tube assy is steel, it may be corroded. Whats the condition of your coolant.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the ground unfortunately lol :look:

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
Just a good reason to flush and fill with diesel rated ELC like Zerex HD. Might as well install a coolant filter too.

·
Registered
593 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What would zerex hd do.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Zerex HD is specially formulated for diesel engines, not all antifreeze is the same.
Diesels need certain additives that gasers do not need. So be shure the coolant ur useing is the right one for diesels.

·
Sinister Diesel Sucks!!!
2,498 Posts
For example... Friend of a friend was running regular green coolant in his 7.3, and it ended up eating a hole in one of the cylinder walls. I wish I could find the write up I read at one point, but basically, due to the nature of the beast, microscopic air bubbles are formed during operation and the engine, and believe it or not, these microscopic air bubbles eat metal over time. Diesel coolant has additives to combat this. Anybody correct me if I'm wrong or point to where I read this if you know what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
593 Posts
The term for the bubbles bursting is called cavitation. The coolant has additives to prevent cavitation in your engine and is very important to use the correct coolant.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts