Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 1996 f250 eclb, and i am in my freshman year of college. just got here 2 days ago. i have tools in my truck and i need to replace my headlights. The whole thing. corners bumbers etc. I have the news ones but have no idea how to put them in. My blinkers were smashed in by someone. know idea why. just punks running around. And it wont pass inspection. And my inspection is up. so can someone please send a link or something thats shows step by step insttructions on how to replace them. would really be a life saver!!! thanks

·
Premium Member
595 Posts
Remove grill, remove batteries(not necessary, but makes it a lot easier), remove two nuts holding the turn signal/corner lights(in front of batteries, they are hidden, but are there), take off header panel(headlights will come off with it, there are a bunch of bolts that hold it on too), take off the 4 clips that hold the headlights on. Install is opposite.

The nuts that hold the turn/corner lights are hidden pretty good, there are studs in the light housing and come through the header panel, they may or may not come out with the nut. You will need a 10mm(I belive) deep socket and extension on a 1/4" rachet to reach them. The bezels are held on with screws on the turn/corner lights. You really only need a 10mm socket, some extensions, 1/4" ratchet, screwdriver(both phillips and stright), and I use snap ring pliers for the clips on the headlights and a stright screwdriver, they can be kind of a pain. You will also need like a 4.5mm or 5mm, something like that to adjust them, can't remember for sure. I'm sure i'm missing some steps, but that is about it. Pretty simple job all around, a little time consuming though, should only take a couple hours if you take your time and have all the tools around.

·
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!
6,024 Posts
PM weareweird69 (garrett)... he has a step by step write up done with pictures on every step

·
Diesel Freak
713 Posts
11mm deep socket

·
Registered
609 Posts
Im in Autoclub at our school and have access to the shop during our meetings on thursdays. If you want a shop to work in I can give you a hand. Or join Autoclub we meet every Thusday at 5:30pm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts