Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello;

I am a newbie to this forum and to Diesels. I am thinking of purchasing an F-250 with the 6.0 powerstroke diesel. I was hoping that someone could help me with what questions I need to ask w hen purchasing a used vehicle of this type. My budget it $25k so I think that should get me a 2004-2005 with 60k to 100k on it.

As I am new to diesels I would appreciate any advice t hat you could give.

Thank you for your time.

Polar.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
First thing once you find a truck you are interested in, get the VIN and have an OASIS report run. This is a report you can get for free from any Ford dealer (theres a few guys here that can get em for ya too) But this report shows the repair history of the vehicle while under warranty so you can see if has has head bolts replaced, or EGR problems or ANY other warranty issues! Good Luck.

As far as your budget goes, you're right in the neighborhood. I picked up my 2005 250 Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 Auto with 62k for 21k

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
First thing once you find a truck you are interested in, get the VIN and have an OASIS report run. This is a report you can get for free from any Ford dealer (theres a few guys here that can get em for ya too) But this report shows the repair history of the vehicle while under warranty so you can see if has has head bolts replaced, or EGR problems or ANY other warranty issues! Good Luck.

As far as your budget goes, you're right in the neighborhood. I picked up my 2005 250 Crew Cab Short Box 4x4 Auto with 62k for 21k
+1 and welcome to the org

1 - 4 of 4 Posts