Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k well i guess i messed up pretty bad, i was turning onto the road while i was texting and i guess it got the best of my because i never stopped turning and ended up going into the ditch (which was just dug to about 4ft) i hit it doing about 15 and i took it to go get checked out and the passenger frame rail is buckled in the front and is bent about an inch down. is there anyway of pulling the frame back straight???? and also i bent the front hangers and the axle is twisted inside the frame a slight bit. any help at all would be apreciated i dont want to lose my baby cause of this:dunno:

here the truck i will get pics of how it looks now a little later on

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
wow that f-ing sucks man. Im sure you could fix it. it will be spendy tho. Prob need to take it to a couple body shops.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
ummmm, dude thats a pretty serious fix. do you have some metal fab friends?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
the spring hanger and springs arent too big of a deal, might just be the bolts that hold the hanger on. from the sounds of it you bent the spring too. thats gona be kinda spendy. you'll have to contact the manufacturer and see if they will sent you a new one. as for the frame- you may have to chop out and replace the bent portion. these frames are fairly serious. do you have any pictures yet?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
if i read your posting right, it sounds like the frame where the hanger bolts to is bent?

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
wreck it not a joke it will never be right

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yeah frame problems are serious and hard to fix, even if someone can fix it odds are you will never be able to keep it aligned. you probably dont wanna hear this but i would scrap it or pawn it off on a dealer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
good time to UPGRADE (Cash for Clunckers) LOL

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
First you have to find a shop that is willing to straighten it that much.

Back when I was certified to straighten frames. If it was more then 1/2 inch out it was not getting straightened. When pulling on a frame that much for that far of a distance. The metal gets hot and weakens. Making it that much easier to bend it again.

I would look for either another frame rail or new truck that you can put your lift on.

Oh btw there is a reason why you should not text and drive at the same time.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
This happened to a fried of mine. He was driving his Dodge Dakota and well...long story short hit a curb completely horizontal, as in he completely slid into it. Bent his entire frame. His truck is still driveable but his bed and cab sit lopsided. It almost looks like he's driving at an angle. Although he never took the time to get it fixed (or checked out for that matter), it's been this way for about a year now and besides the driving slightly sideways, everything else runs fine. His 4WD still works too. If needed i could try to get a pic and you could compare it to yours.
-Hunter

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
cut out the damaged piece and replace it with a piece from a junk yard?? Plate it real good and hope for the best.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
ya i think its just bent up at the front spring hanger. can be chopped and re welded by a good fab man.

·
Registered
956 Posts
A good truck shop will be able to fix that no problem. I buy flipped big rigs for a guy that exports them and there is no damage after they are done with them.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,308 Posts
You need to find a shop that knows what they are doing. I would want the section replaced , not straightened, this will also hurt future resale.
Good luck!!

NCH

·
lifetime member
1,642 Posts
pm me for a ford dealer that can and will repair it. btw, i have a complete frame for sale.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts