Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have 2003 6.0 was running fine then just died tried to restart cranked for a minute then fired up and run good then about a week later it did it again just shut off while driving now will not restart just crank replaced hpop icp ipr egr delete oil cooler about 6 months ago have noticed no power when cold till oil temp gets over 110 degrees then runs fine have scan gauge 11 and when cranking now not getting icp pressures unpluged icp and pressures go up to 1600 while cranking but still no start what could it be please help

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
When you unplug the icp the pcm uses a default set of values to crank and run until operateing temps are reached (closed loop). The pcm basically lies to itself that it has HP oil pressure of over 500 psi and it is ok to fire the injectors. Since the icp is unplugged and unable to send a signal your scanner is reading the default value.

Your HP system probably has a leak and is unable to supply the necessary pressure needed to work the actual injectors themselves so not start is possible even when the pcm and supporting electrical system is telling it to fire. So no start or dies out shortly after start.

There are a number of o-rings that you may have damaged while changeing the HPOP or the stc fitting or the down pipes or dummy plugs could be leaking as well as the oil rail to injector orings. Any and all are possibilities.

The proper air test and procedue needs to be done. Read the sticky on the 6.0 Problems forum here for the procedure and values.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
Well if you unplugged your ICP and it still didnt start, you should check your FICM.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this is a 2003 so no stc fitting plug icp back in and scan gauge show 0 to at best 15 psi on icp could ficm cause this the whole high pressure system is basicly new and ran good for past six months since work was done ecept for when cold but let it warm up ran great

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Sorry reread your post it does start and run unplugged so it is a bad ICP sensor.
Change the sensor and it should take care of the no start.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Check your ficm voltage. Batteries good?

My RAZR made me send this...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
You need to do the air test on the HPOP system. You obviously have a major HPOP leak somewhere, or a bad IPR valve.
If it is that bad of a leak you might be able to take valve covers off and have a buddy try to crank and see it. If you can't see the leak then it may be the stand pipes, bad HPOP, or bad IPR.
All because you just had something replaced does not mean that it is still good. The HPOP system in these trucks get put under a lot of stress and things can fail quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
The not running well while cold could very well be an FICM problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
Have you checked for loose connectors that may have been messed with recently?

Sent from my phone that somebody didn't help me get.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
checked connections checked ficm voltage 48 key on 47.6 while cranking just posted for sale on craigslist im done with this pos

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i will admit when it runs it runs good but it is expensive to fix and no fun to work on could they have stuffed any more crap in there

1 - 20 of 34 Posts