Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just attempted to install a diamond eye 5 inch exhaust on my 6.0.
This was my first time to do this myself and I had to give up before I was done. I am going to let a shop finish it up before I want to kill myself. ANYWAY all I did was take my old exhaust out and I put the new downpipe in (BRUTAL) and also the downpipe extension. Thats it. I tightend them up and started the truck.....it started up fine BUT idled alot rougher than normal. My exhaust exits right behind my passenger seat. What is causing this? PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
75 Posts
Check all of your electrical connections up top you may have knocked something loose. as well as vacuum lines etc .
Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Your PCM may be going thru a relearn process. You have changed your exhaust flow characteristics mainly your backpressure. The PCM uses readings from several sensors,
Map; Maff; EBP: Baro; APP to determin the fuel strategy it will use. You lowered the EBP so it will need to adjust to the new parremiters. You may need to take it out and drive it for 10 to 20 miles under various speeds to help it do that.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
i bet you didnt get the down pipe clamped onto the turbo very while and its vibrating like a soab lol

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your PCM may be going thru a relearn process. You have changed your exhaust flow characteristics mainly your backpressure. The PCM uses readings from several sensors,
Map; Maff; EBP: Baro; APP to determin the fuel strategy it will use. You lowered the EBP so it will need to adjust to the new parremiters. You may need to take it out and drive it for 10 to 20 miles under various speeds to help it do that.
Can it hurt anything being like that?
Also I can grab the downpip and I cant get that sob to move. I dont think that would be it

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Shouldn't hurt anything but it will run like chit until it relearns.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help! Im going to get a shop to finish it today since im tired of messing with it. I will say I love the sound of it under the cab :rockwoot:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts