Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
PLEASE HELP 04 F350 6.0 DEISEL glow plugs blew out

I PURCHASED THIS 04 F350 OFF EBAY LAST WEEK IT WOULD NOT START UNLESS IT WAS SHOT WITH ETHER HE SAID IT NEEDED THE FICM REPLACED ANYWAY I AM FROM MI THE TRUCK IS IN NY WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST THREE DAYS I TOWED THE TRUCK TO THE FORD GARAGE AND THEY REPLACED THE FICM AND ALSO SAID THE OIL PUMP FOR THE TURBO WAS BLOWN APART SO THAT WAS REPLACED AS WELL THEY GOT IT TO RUN AFTER THAT THEY SAID THEY LET IT RUN FOR ABOUT 15MIN AND THAN IT BLEW THE GLOW PLUGS OUT OF THE DRIVERS SIDE CYLINDERS AND THEY DIDNT KNOW WHY OR WHAT WOULD CAUSE THAT I AM UP TO $3700.00 RIGHT NOW AND THE MECHANIC IS NOT GOING TO BBE BACK UNTILL MONDAY I NEED THIS FIXED SO I CAN GET HOME SO ANY HELP WITH A DIAGNOSES WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL SO I CAN PASS ON TO THE MECHANIC..

·
Registered
586 Posts
I PURCHASED THIS 04 F350 OFF EBAY LAST WEEK IT WOULD NOT START UNLESS IT WAS SHOT WITH ETHER HE SAID IT NEEDED THE SICAM REPLACED ANYWAY I AM FROM MI THE TRUCK IS IN NY WHICH IS WHERE I HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST THREE DAYS I TOWED THE TRUCK TO THE FORD GARAGE AND THEY REPLACED THE SICAM AND ALSO SAID THE OIL PUMP FOR THE TURBO WAS BLOWN APART SO THAT WAS REPLACED AS WELL THEY GOT IT TO RUN AFTER THAT THEY SAID THEY LET IT RUN FOR ABOUT 15MIN AND THAN IT BLEW THE GLOW PLUGS OUT AND THEY DIDNT KNOW WHY OR WHAT WOULD CAUSE THAT I AM UP TO $3700.00 RIGHT NOW AND THE MECHANIC IS NOT GOING TO BBE BACK UNTILL MONDAY I NEED THIS FIXED SO I CAN GET HOME SO ANY HELP WITH A DIAGNOSES WOULD BE VERY HELPFUL SO I CAN PASS ON TO THE MECHANIC..
Spraying Ether in these motor's is a HUGE NO NO!! That could cause big problems. Somebody who know's more about this should chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i thought, and thanks for the quick response i hope someone can help me i am hoping to leave here monday

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ether in diesel engines = nothing but problems! I hope ya can get your truck working, but NEVER use ether in it again!!

Back in the day, ether was used for cold starting diesel engines in heavy equipment, but modern day engines are not meant to sustain tyhat initial charge that ether produces.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I DIDNT SPRAY ETHER IN IT THE PREVIOUS OWNER DID I JUST BOUGHT THE TRUCK OFF EBAY AND TOOK IT TO THE DEALERSHIP IVE ONLY HAD THE TRUCK IN MY POSSESION FOR TWENTY MINIUTES LOL

·
Registered
114 Posts
man I hope you didn't buy a lemon...that ether sh*t will blow your motor to hell....I hope it's nothin serious, you got fuel in your motor mounted fuel filter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
man I hope you didn't buy a lemon...that ether sh*t will blow your motor to hell....I hope it's nothin serious, you got fuel in your motor mounted fuel filter?
Man i hope not as well they said it ran fine though it just blew out the plugs?? i got $13,000 into it now it is a very clean truck though only has 90,000 on it so im not over its value yet just dont want to spend much more..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I cant find anything on this glow plug issue, come on guys help me out here! i wanna go home :( what holds these in? i know they dont thread in like the older ones i got a quick look at it lastnight and it looked like o ring and some type of bar going accross them this is the first 6.0 ive owned

1 - 12 of 12 Posts