Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It cranks and tries to turn over. After many attempts yesterday, the batteries finally started showing signs of being drained so I gave up and they are charging now. I'm worried about burning up my starter and the truck is parked in a way that a tow truck can't get to it (parked up to the house with a trailer full of household goods hooked up.
If it helps, I have a 10 second clip on youtube at YouTube

·
Registered
184 Posts
As long as you only crank for 10-15 seconds and let it cool down in between for 30 seconds or a minute your starter should be fine. It's when you keep on it for 30seconds + that is will burn up.

I can't access your video but a few things to check are:
1. You getting fuel? Fuel pump working? Priming ?
2. Battery voltage - It matters, it's not like a gaser, and needs at certain amount of voltage to run correctly.
3. HPOP psi? you may need a gauge for that.

Your vid doesn't work. It says "user needs to grant you access" or some chit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seattle,
Good info on the starter. Also, I checked youtube and realized that I had not published that video. Hopefully it works now.

·
Registered
4,236 Posts
do you have a way to monitor the engine parameters such as autoenginuity?

if not pack it up and have it towed to a shop because there are way to many things that need to be monitored in order to diagnose a no start on these trucks.

not trying to be a c0ck, just stating the truth.

now if you can monitor, i would start with ficm voltage, battery voltage, and ipr.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts