Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How in the hell do you get the plastic bed rails off? Mine has them and I want to get them off I see how but I cant get the clip in and I dont want to break them.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bump... I'd like to change mine out for black ones to match a black trimmed 08 tailgate. Someone help us.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im painting mine black they are faded hardcore! If it turns out good I will paint all of the plastic on my truck. Gonna see how the rails hold up after a few months. If it peels no go

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will try tomorrow

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Paint is great and all, but I found this dye on autogeek.net great stuff, dyed all of my F150's faded plastics, turned out amazing, then it sat in the sun for 7 months in 29 while I was gone, still looks good. I am planning on doing it to the 250 as soon as I get home, stuff is great, just lots of prep, and wear rubber gloves. Its also fairly expensive, but its worth it!

~Phil

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which one is it who makes it?

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
sorry forgot about that...I will let y'all know tomorrow, its in my storage unit! Great stuff though, just have to find it...I looked and they may no longer sell it there...I will check once I get the thing.

~Phil

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
subscribing :popcorn: my running boards could sure use it.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I painted mine they all look good now. Just wondering what that is for future reference

·
Govy Magnet
714 Posts
Hey y'all sorry for the late reply. I actually used it this weekend on the F150...it's called Showroom New. You can get it at autodetailingsolutions.net. It's a bit expensive, but definately worth it. Also less is more, many people use too much and it layers on too thick. Just tape everything off and use a foam brush. Make sure you wear gloves! Hope this helps!
~Phil

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks alot I will look into it

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
If i pop my bed rail trim off, there won't be any holes under there that the trim clips to right? Obviously there are the holes for straps. Was wanting to run the line-x on the rails in addition to the bed.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
If i pop my bed rail trim off, there won't be any holes under there that the trim clips to right? Obviously there are the holes for straps. Was wanting to run the line-x on the rails in addition to the bed.
There's lots of holes under the rails...

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
crap ok thanks for lettin me know..guess ill keep em on and just line/x the bed

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Ton of holes... it is real hard to get it off of there without destroying it. They are not that much brand new, like 70 bucks from Ford. Might be worth it to look into it.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
ya I have a king ranch so I was thinkin about switching all the trim to black instead of the two-tone tan anyways, so we'll see! thanks guys

1 - 17 of 17 Posts