Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:rolleyes:

So im both tired and dumb please forgive.

97 F250, KP D60, Pmf Rsk w/sd springs (unknown code) Measuring center axle to center wheel arch/fender = 26.25"

Via hearsay on the internets that would be a 4" lift?

Does one usually match the drop pitman arm and drop track bar mount, to the suspension lift?
Example: 4" lift + 4" drop pitman arm + 4" drop bracket = Good to go?

I cant seem to find a 4" pitman arm but 4" brackets are all over...

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Never mind didn't notice you already have a Dana 60. Yes you should get a dropped track bar mount, track bar should be close to parallel with the axle. You might look at the 6" dropped pitman arm. Mine has a 6" lift over stock F250 height which is 4" over stock F350 height and I use the 6" dropped pitman arm

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man! I didnt even think about coming from the f250 height, since thats the pitman arm that would theoretically be on the truck....but how would I know whats on this truck? I keep finding all sorts of retarded. Do you happen to know how tall your arm is? then I can deduct 6" and see what I have in relation to that. This truck used to have somewhere in the neighborhood of an 8" lift

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
The skyjacker part number is FA600 for the pitman arm I use. I can grab a couple of measurements tomorrow for height. I don't have any trucks around here with reverse shackle suspensions to measure. Normally, just going from the F250 Dana 50 TTB front axle to the F350 Dana 60 axle and springs will raise the front of the truck 2" by itself. I just did this swap a few months ago on a truck and doing another one this weekend but neither one is getting additional lift so they will be sitting at stock F350 height. The stock F250 or F350 pitman arms don't have hardly any drop but the F350 pitman arm is a little longer

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if its not too much trouble!? I would like the measurement of a stock pitman arm or an extended but what truck it came out of and what "extended" length.

Sorry for the delayed response we had a yard sale yesterday ....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Okay, starting off, my truck has 6" of lift over stock F250 height, using same way you measured is 28". Don't have a F350 pitman arm in front of me (don't know where it ended up after pulling it from my sons truck). Will have a F250 back here shortly to measure that pitman arm. Can tell you it has about 1" of drop.

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
F250 pitman arm is 5 3/8 center to center with 1" of drop

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Right on! thats what I needed!

So I just measured my pitman arm. its 6.25" center to center w/3" of drop

So all these numbers would basically mean:

My truck has a 4" total lift w/2" drop pitman arm?

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
Looks like about a 4" lift. The pitman arm looks more like a 3 or 4" drop. Measure outside to outside

1 - 11 of 11 Posts