Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
Before you pull your stock head u it out, if it has sync be sure to go through the settings menu on it and disable Bluetooth. This will remove the annoying dialog from the maestro it receives from sync about no Bluetooth connection even if you are Bluetooth connected to the new head unit.

That whole kit is mostly plug and play. 2 hours top I think. Easy install.

The 4200 is a bit old now but works fine. I have it and wish I had a newer head unit with wireless CarPlay but it isn’t required. You’ll like it and it’s cheaper now I’m sure.
I agree about the 2 port usb like in the picture. Works great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, been awhile since I did mine. Forgot about disabling the Bluetooth in the factory head unit. Good catch.

One of the only things I don't like about the install is that the unit sits in line with the dash. This results in some glare when the sun is just right. Before I quit making Kydex holsters I should have put together a sun shield. It wouldn't have to be much and I think Kydex would have been the perfect material for it. Might have to find a scrap piece to try out.

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
USB Flush Mount Cable - Rerii 2 Meter 6ft 2 USB Extension Flush, Dash, Panel Mount Cable, for Car, Boat, Motorcycle and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00WF0D6KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qFtNDb1K002WD

so its a flush mount and an extension for the back of the radio. interesting..might consider it.

also thought about redoing the sync usb port on the other side since I unplugged the apim, that usb/3.5mm cover is useless for me now.

since its a single usb cable, does the two ports act like a hub?

·
Registered
170 Posts
People may want to use the sync port to charge something if they r a passenger.

They plug in to the two ports on the back of the pioneer. One for Android one for iPhone. If you wanna use the CarPlay and auto. Otherwise both charging ports

·
Beach Bum
26,655 Posts
People may want to use the sync port to charge something if they r a passenger.

They plug in to the two ports on the back of the pioneer. One for Android one for iPhone. If you wanna use the CarPlay and auto. Otherwise both charging ports

your pioneer has two usb ports? mine just has the one. apple or android through the one usb.

·
Extruding Elements
336 Posts
I just changed my stock radio to the maestro rr1 and used my nex2400 from my 6oh I just got rid of. but after reading this thread, im gonna unplug the sync and just use the radio for bt and phone. I was just trying to avoid the wiring up the pioneer mic into the roof.

what I noticed tho Is I don't have the same functions for sync besides basic bt with the pioneer. and also the metra radio dash kit sucks. I used spacers and longer screws to get it flush with the dash. might change it out for the scosche kit and see what that does.
Which kit did you end up liking better and why?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Funny this got bumped right before I purchased a Pioneer and Maestro! Hopefully install goes well tomorrow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Im starting a new thread cuz I got a different Head Unit but one question I have is related to any aftermarket head unit that has ancillaries, how, where did you guys put the myriad of antenna's that come with your new stereo?

Example:
I have a GPS antennae for the stereo itself, small brick that either glues or magnets to a surface. Manufacturer suggests internal or external with clear, unobstructed view to the sky AND not too close to other antenna's.

I also have the SIRIUS XM antennae that says the same thing.

I do NOT want to drill holes in my dash or my roof, so Im thinking on top of the dashboard and just "concealing" the wires as best I can, but how/where did you all put yours?

Im gonna start the new thread to cover the install as a whole.

Cheers and Happy New Year!!!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
My truck had factory Sirius so I used the stock antenna and rigged it up to the box to retain the stock antenna. GPS antenna I ran down the a pillar and mounted it below the windshield right behind the defrost vent. Tucked the wire down by the foam on the windshield, could never see it.

·
Registered
266 Posts
That is genius. I have factory Sirius as well. So I could find the Sirius antennae wire and it should plug right into my Sirius adapter on my new JVC, right, theoretically?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts