Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
06 6.0 built to go fast
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Blew up LPOP and front cover while passing the other day. Motor was previously built to about 600hp but not built for longevity. Nothing inside had been upgraded to my knowledge, except maybe a mild cam. Inside was thrashed, metal all in the pan, hot spots on bearing caps, etc. After the oil pump blew up I shut it down pretty quick so majority of the damage was probably done previously.

I ordered a Kill Devil Diesel Stg2 long block. They build this block to 650 horse to take abuse regularly and reliably. So that's what I'm after.
The smeding turbo was shot so I'm going with a Borg Warner 366 and keeping the Warren 190/30 injectors.
All my other stuff will be swapped over, ported intake, regulated return, everything will get cleaned up nice and powder coated. Ashby's Diesel is doing the work. Only guys around here I trust. Normally do my own stuff but don't have the time or the space at this current house and if I did another major job in the driveway the HOA would lose their minds again.

·
Registered
06 6.0 built to go fast
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
parts getting powder coated. It's a cherry with a very light metallic flake in it. Pretty good match to to overall color of the truck. All the hot parts are getting a medium grey cerakote.

·
Registered
06 6.0 built to go fast
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The engine will be cleaner than the truck haha

I think the "pinky" name is trademarked @Ford diesel girl
Maybe so LOL! If you're gonna do it, do it right! & The name was from the previous owner and I haven't figured out a better one yet 😂

Thought about calling it "Sleepy" as it used to be pretty quiet until the tires broke loose. I'm afraid there's no more hiding it. Its gonna sound like a turbine engine now 😆.

·
Registered
06 6.0 built to go fast
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This thread is gonna go dormant for a while while I wait on the motor. I guess they want use my block and bore it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I've been out of the (Ford) diesel game for about 10 years before getting back into the 6.0 swing of things with the '06 F-250 I recently bought. A LOT has changed during that time and this is the second time in as many days that I've seen Kill Devil Diesel mentioned and MAN do I hate y'all for putting them on my radar...looks like sell some top shelf 6.0 kit for sure!

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
Maybe so LOL! If you're gonna do it, do it right! & The name was from the previous owner and I haven't figured out a better one yet 😂

Thought about calling it "Sleepy" as it used to be pretty quiet until the tires broke loose. I'm afraid there's no more hiding it. Its gonna sound like a turbine engine now 😆.
I had a slight stroke when I saw the title, LOL. Improper spelling ;) and my girl does not need a new heart... yet. o_O

·
Registered
06 6.0 built to go fast
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My Warren injectors checked good. Test/check was required for the motor warranty.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts