Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im lookin for a way to cover that ugly pinch weld underneath the door, i know someone makes something like this (ive seen a piece of metal covering one) but anyone know where to get it?

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I don't know of anyone who offers anything but I may make me something at school...

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
Hey guys im lookin for a way to cover that ugly pinch weld underneath the door, i know someone makes something like this (ive seen a piece of metal covering one) but anyone know where to get it?
What's your cab configuration? I have a set of diamond plate covers that fit an extended cab.........

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a crew cab... thanks though.

I guess ORU makes some and Deak-n-built do but i cant find them on either of there websites...and deaknbuilts website just plain doesnt work

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried :doh: :thumb:
appreciate it!

Raul, between the deaconbuilt and the one ORU sells, which ones better? Which ones cost more?

nothing shows up on ORU's website.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
black or polished aluminum?

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
appreciate it!

Raul, between the deaconbuilt and the one ORU sells, which ones better? Which ones cost more?

nothing shows up on ORU's website.
the part number for the ORU one is 70091 but i just checked on there site and i cant find it anymore either... might want to call them and see if they still have any... i want to say they were under 200 bucks but i cant honestly remember

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
here's a link to make your own. budro did his ant they turned out pretty dang good if you ask me.

North Texas Power Stroke Association • Login
i need a login to do that one. is it through the ntpsa sight or is it a link thats on there?

Raul, i found the deacon built ones. about 139 for black and 149 for polished, i think im gonna go with black so they ddont stand out a whole lot, what do you think?

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
i need a login to do that one. is it through the ntpsa sight or is it a link thats on there?

Raul, i found the deacon built ones. about 139 for black and 149 for polished, i think im gonna go with black so they ddont stand out a whole lot, what do you think?
yah def go with the black ones.... add 1 more thing onto the list of things i want for my truck lol

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Raging Lunatic
8,803 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts

I had mine painted to match my truck. You can't even tell they're there :nod:

·
Registered
75 Posts
$47 total my way. Aluminum was bought at Home Depot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
$47 total my way. Aluminum was bought at Home Depot.

Those look very slick! Did you do a write up on them?

Doesnt look like its to difficult, any pointers or tips, especially on mounting, what goes inbetween the aluminum and the actual pinch weld? What aluminum should i buy?
I could probably come up with a thousand questions so i appologize.

Im thinking ill go with the $47 route (i like makin my own stuff too :nod: ) So if you have any tips id love to here them!

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump to the top

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what kinda paint did you use?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts