Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to do the 05 conversion.I'm trying to figure out to go with the chrome grill and bumper or painted.From the pic below you can see my truck is red but if I go the painted route I want to do the grill and bumper in black along with the harley lights.I want to see if there is a pic of a red 250 with the black grill and lights.I was also thinking of the chrome bumper with the top painted black and throw some black flames on the sides(bottom) of the truck like a hd....Give me your opinions.I'm open to all.Please include some pics if you can.I been googlin for awhile but I haven't had much luck.

·
Registered
747 Posts
that ford logo should be a peterbilt

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
But his truck is still a Ford :dunno:

·
Registered
215 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good man,you got a pic with the black grill installed?

·
Registered
404 Posts
man i would just do the stock look if i were you.
if you dont want to do that then painting only the grille black wouldnt look bad , but i wouldnt go crazy with flames nd stuff , just my opinion.

good luck though! i am about to finish my 05 conversion soon myself.

how much are the front bumpers? price range..

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
certifit.com buddy.If you find one in your area the bumpers are less than 200 if you don't have to pay shipping!!!

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
look at my signature....

btw those are all certifit parts...minus the bumper...make sure you get the header panel...to change 8 bolts and remove it is alot easier than modifying the stock header panel.

·
Registered
404 Posts
thanks guys
wait so do you need the new headerpanel for the bumper to fit on right or for the grill to fit on right?

·
Registered
215 Posts
thanks guys
wait so do you need the new headerpanel for the bumper to fit on right or for the grill to fit on right?
It's mainly for the '05+ headlights, otherwise you have to cut up the existing one.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
look at my signature....

btw those are all certifit parts...minus the bumper...make sure you get the header panel...to change 8 bolts and remove it is alot easier than modifying the stock header panel.
I had another member show me a pic of your rig,that's what made me decide to do the conversion.Your truck looks beyond great.What do you think about painting the paintable grill and bumper top black along with the harley lights?You think that will look allright on a red truck?I'm gonna be putting all black wheels on it in the near future...I think it will all go together good but I want some more opinions before the paint gets sprayed!

·
Registered
404 Posts
It's mainly for the '05+ headlights, otherwise you have to cut up the existing one.
well i already have the 2007 harley headlights in so....
i wont need the header panel to put in the 05 bumper and grille?

·
Premium Member
8,231 Posts
I had another member show me a pic of your rig,that's what made me decide to do the conversion.Your truck looks beyond great.What do you think about painting the paintable grill and bumper top black along with the harley lights?You think that will look allright on a red truck?I'm gonna be putting all black wheels on it in the near future...I think it will all go together good but I want some more opinions before the paint gets sprayed!
Check out Losrocket's truck. I think he's got what you're looking for :thumb:

·
Banned
1,960 Posts
hey guys sorry I dont get to respond too quickly....I work 12 hour days and dont get off work til 5 am your time if youre on the east coast. I really appreciate the words of niceness on my truck, I feel I have accomplished alot with all the people that love it.

as for which headlights and grille to go with the best words I've ever heard are
"build for yourself and what you love the most, you're the one that can change it if you don't like it"
but I personally had the chrome grille with the harley headlights on my 2000 and I didn't like the look all too much, but I also like chrome( very fond of it ).....they didn't go well with my chrome grille and such, but there is a member on here that has the black grille and headlights on his...it looks pretty good. I would definitely use certifit though, they are AWESOME quality parts....just make sure you get the pigtails ( Im replacing my headlights because I rigged mine ).....there is a pigtail on ebay for 24.49 shipped just type in "9007 to 9008 wiring harness" and it's like 19.99+4.50 shipping.

good luck with the truck and post pics when you're done, maybe before I head back to florida on leave in January we can get together and have a drink or two, I shoot straight down 95 through NC right off of hwy 58 in Va....let me know if you wanna hook up and take some pics...

as for needing the header panel, the grille will have nothing to attach to at the bottom you'll have to use zipties to hold it in place.....do it the right way and if youre close to a certifit just spend the 40 bucks and do it right. it's 43.00 + tax or that's what it was when I bought mine in April...43 bucks is not worth rigging to me. do it the right way its not that much more money to really justify the rigging and plus if you do it too tight it could break the grille.....too light and it will flop around and annoy you...

·
Registered
354 Posts
i didnt change my header panel worked great. I had to cut for my 05 lights and like stated above i zip tied my grille. Cant notice it at all. I will get a cell phone shot up later.

·
Registered
354 Posts
****y cell phone picture

·
Registered
16 Posts
here are a few pics of mine i just did a few weeks ago.. i personaly like the all painted look and you should def. get a 05-07 header it makes thing alot easier and it isnt that much..
MVC-006S.JPG

MVC-005S.JPG

MVC-004S.JPG

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Figure out what you want first that way you save some money in the long run... LOL:doh:

·
Registered
18 Posts
00 with the 05-07 upgrade

sorry too lazy to back out of garage

1 - 20 of 22 Posts