Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really that much of a load, but it was all pressure treated. I figure it was about 1500 lbs in the bed.

I had 5 bags of Concrete and 6 concrete blocks that you can't see flanking the wood.

Attachments

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Subscribing

·
Registered
200 Posts
I noticed you have a bed rug in your truck do you also have the step if so how is the fit over it. If so does it cover it up completely I mean the handle because I didn't want one but had to with the options I got. Thanks

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Only pic I have of the truck hooked up. 7x16 enclosed trailer that will soon be for sale since I bought a toyhauler.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Let's see em!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I noticed you have a bed rug in your truck do you also have the step if so how is the fit over it. If so does it cover it up completely I mean the handle because I didn't want one but had to with the options I got. Thanks
The Bedrug is custom fitted to allow the tailgate step and handle to function 100% when installed. It is custom molded with appropriate outputs for everything to work.

I love mine.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Moving hay off the field.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Should have taken a pic of mine this morning when I came to work. I had a bunch of lumber on my gooseneck and then my Kubota backhoe loaded on top of the lumber. I drove about 100 miles like that and it pulled it 75 mph without a problem at all. I love my 6.7!!!

I'll try to get pics next time I have it hooked up.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I guess it takes 400 grey horses to haul the 95 orange horses. :) Time to move hay in another field.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Moving hay off the field.

Hello fellow S.E. Texan! I'm from Bridge City!

Back to topic, I forgot to bring the camera with me when I took my 13K F'vr out for a "test" run over the two bridges. The truck pulled it with ease and I couldn't get the smile off my face! I thought the engine brake did well too.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice pics, keep them coming!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Subscribed!:nod:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello fellow S.E. Texan! I'm from Bridge City!

Back to topic, I forgot to bring the camera with me when I took my 13K F'vr out for a "test" run over the two bridges. The truck pulled it with ease and I couldn't get the smile off my face! I thought the engine brake did well too.
Yeah the Rainbow Bridge and Memorial Bridge would give a good test. Heck if all my ranch stuff wasn't in Devers I would do the same thing. :icon_ford:

I am loading my trailer up with longhorns this weekend and going almost to Abilene. I always laugh when I first start a trip because of how easy this truck makes it to pull. :woot:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Moving our granite shop. the main table is red iron main frame (surrounded by wood) with 6x6 legs and 4" of concrete on top.
Plus about 6 a-frames, scaffolding, ladders and a truck bed full of tools.

You should see the looks I get when I put two slabs of granite in the bed of my truck, and it doesn't sag.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Moving our granite shop. the main table is red iron main frame (surrounded by wood) with 6x6 legs and 4" of concrete on top.
Plus about 6 a-frames, scaffolding, ladders and a truck bed full of tools.

You should see the looks I get when I put two slabs of granite in the bed of my truck, and it doesn't sag.
Thats pretty impressive right there! Good looking Rig!:thumb:

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here are some new pictures of my truck with a bed decend load. This much weight would have dropped the back at least 1.5-2" before I had my Add-A-Leaf ProComp kit installed.

23 Bags of Red Multch (wet) - Aprox 45+ lbs each = 1035+ Lbs
4 Bags of Sand - 50lbs each = 200 lbs
40 Landscaping Bricks - 5-7lbs each = 200+ lbs
Wheel Barrow = 25lbs

Total Weight =~ 1460 lbs
My truck sagged between 1/4 and 1/2 inch total!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here are some of mine.

Dozer is loaded to far forward in this pic making the *** end of the truck sag more than it should. Found I had a broken spring in the trailer when I loaded the dozer. Total trailer and dozer weight is in the 30K pound range.

Here is another load with an excavator and a sheep's foot roller.

1 - 20 of 386 Posts