Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

241 - 260 of 280 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,986 Posts

·
california deplorable
10,986 Posts
now i remember why i don't frequent this thread...
y'all give me shop envy...
my shop is STILL a mud hole masquerading as a driveway

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Thanks
I pick it up tomorrow
it was 4k$ but i was too afraid to buy used and park 9000lbs over my head on a lift that may have been already compromised
Hey Zmann - Can you provide the model # for the lift you are getting? For my 50th birthday family gave me a "gift certificate" for a lift and I want to get one that will handle my 2017 F350 CC LB dually well and with some room to spare. Like you, I don't want that beast above me and something give way.

Thanks!

·
Registered
435 Posts
now i remember why i don't frequent this thread...
y'all give me shop envy...
my shop is STILL a mud hole masquerading as a driveway
I agree john.
Mine is a 1 car garage packed to the giils and a1 car carport

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Hey Zmann - Can you provide the model # for the lift you are getting? For my 50th birthday family gave me a "gift certificate" for a lift and I want to get one that will handle my 2017 F350 CC LB dually well and with some room to spare. Like you, I don't want that beast above me and something give way.

Thanks!
It's the 12K Atlas Platinum from The Car Lift & Automotive Equipment Experts for Over 30 Years you need to get at least a 10K, 12K is overkill but peace of mind while you're working under it is value you have to determine. They advertise free shipping but if you're close enough to one of their warehouses and have a trailer you can save some $$$ if you call them and go pick it up yourself.

Reactions: Boudah

·
Administrator
30,792 Posts
I have finished the installation of my lift and I have some input about their quality
I also found out they have sold out and are closing showrooms despite the fact they are saying they are closed for COVID-19 they are just plain old gone

would I buy it again ? not really sure I may give another brand a try if I get a 4 post

I will add some pictures but here is what I let them know about my experience

and just so you know Greg Smith is Atlas lift despite the smoke and mirrors

Atlas "Platinum PV 12 lift issues

I had been working on getting the Platinum PV12 since before the color change back to basic blue ,, I have to wonder if the back to blue was just another cost savings step ? this lift was 4500.00 so while the quality seems to have dropped the price did has not

1.top cross bar was 7/16 to long when bolted together and hitting the end of the elongated holes ( no further adjustment possible ) .

1a.. the above issue had to be rectified by elongating the round holes on the inner channel because the directions for this model clearly stated mount the columns first ,, if you look at other Atlas lift product manuals it states mount one column then the header then plumb the second Colum and anchor ( better plan if your parts are not precision )

2.poor directions I had to review the other Atlas lift manuals to see how the safety latches and other items are assembled ,

3. stated upgraded powder coat but since it is all scratched to heck I would rather have bare metal, forklift protection would have helped .

4. a lot of welding spatter under the powder coat inside one of the the columns where the blocks slide ( that's going to cause excessive wear or need smoothed out and destroy the powder coat to do so .

5.Arm discrepancies. this was a little disturbing!

I had installed two arms originally and level the columns and made sure the lifting pads between the two opposing arms were level

when I was done with the install I put the other two arms on and had pad variance of a 1/2"+ on the back arms when extended and touching each other ,, I thought I had a column out of plumb

turns out between the lifting mast and arms being non precise if I moved the arms to different locations the misalignments canceled themselves out

and i was able to get all 4 arms within 1/8

6. oval / elongated water jet cutouts on column not compete and had to be drilled out

7. motor mounting could be much better the capacitors and distance of bracket to column made this a chore

8. plastic reservoir is held on with 4 small bolts and tiny washers ,, other lift I have seen use a reinforcing plate under the bolts or heck bigger washers would be a cheap resolve ( that's what I did )

9. somehow many of the preinstalled exterior screws for the pulley and safety latch cover were ground down so far the + of the Phillips recess was gone, they had to be removed with vice grips and replaced

9. customer service was great ,, when I had a concern about the top column being 7/16 long I did receive a call right away , I was told it should be ok

but at the end of the day I decided to fix the issue and not to hoist that bar up into place and spread the columns out of plumb to accommodate the defect .

overall the biggest complaint was the poor directions for the "Platinum" especially when we can see the other manuals and know that Atlas can do far better

I can provide a serial # and pictures if you requested and an email address provided

this was bought at GS in AZ two weeks ago

·
Administrator
30,792 Posts
@jd4010
I would probably give this Bendpak a shot if i was buying another lift ,, they do not have a 12k in the 75" rise but a 10 k should be fine for our trucks that are 8k ish
if your tall like me really look at the under arm full height , I had hoped to leave my jeep on the lift for storage but the arms just hang to low
the lift companies dazzzle you with BS heights using adapters but that is not the walk under height for the arms
XPR-10AXLS (5175991)
157" Height, 145" Width, 75" Rise
10,000-lb. Capacity / Two-Post Lift / Asymmetric Clearfloor / Extra Tall

The XPR-10AXLS model adds 6” of lift and extends the overall height by 6”. Taller people know that the difference between stooping and standing under a two-post lift can be the difference between severe back/neck pain and working in total comfort.

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
Here's the south section of my new shop. It's 60,000 sqft, and has a 60x60 30' ceiling building right beside the main building with a 3T crane in it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Dang dude! That's huge!
The diesel biz must be good. Good job.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
13,052 Posts
Dang dude! That's huge!
The diesel biz must be good. Good job.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
It has been very good to me. Plenty of bumps and bruises along the way, but nothing that determination, long hours, and some elbow grease can't fix.

I merged businesses with a friend of mine to help us both out with growth. I hope to get my crap moved in about 10 days.

·
Vendor
13,052 Posts
a dock leveler with a scale now you can see how much stuff weighs just for fun
There are 3 scales total. The one there is for single pallets, 1 in the other isle that can fit about 4 skids, and a full size truck scale out in the parking lot. Also 2 fully automated safety in ground loading docks. Can't wait to fill it with CNC machines, and engine building equipment.

And yes, I weighed myself on all 3 scales. Lol. All within 2lbs of each other. 187.

·
california deplorable
10,986 Posts
Just ordered my lift for my40x50 shop it is the Platinum but they just stopped painting them red and gray ( I kinda liked that color combo) and I bet i get 0 sympathy points from you guys over getting stuck with blue lol

hey i can be jealous and still be excited for you that is a beautiful spread you got there.

Here's the south section of my new shop. It's 60,000 sqft, and has a 60x60 30' ceiling building right beside the main building with a 3T crane in it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
ok you said you were growing but i never pictured anything like this!
WOW nice work i LOVE it when good people do good.
thanks man i needed some cheering up.

241 - 260 of 280 Posts