Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

221 - 240 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
I don't blame you for wanting to pay cash. A bathroom would be nice. But in all honesty at my place I pee on the side or behind the barn if its daylight out. And not physically on the metal,just the yard.lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
I don't blame you for wanting to pay cash. A bathroom would be nice. But in all honesty at my place I pee on the side or behind the barn if its daylight out. And not physically on the metal,just the yard.lol.

Gotta make up my mind before I pour, I'd have to bury the 4" plastic drain and run the 1" feed. Also thinking about putting my air compressor in the garage right next to the shop and run an air line underground to the shop air plumbing. That compressor is pretty annoying when it runs a lot, especially when I'm doing tires. Guess I could fix the leaky valves on the tire machine. :)

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Get it the way you want it before you retire and move. :haha:
Yeah that's what I'm thinking :doh:
We don't know what we're doing, talked about going south west but we're sick of heat & high humidity. Northwest and we run into cold (and liberals). Today the wife said if we sold all the animals we could go north and just hibernate all winter. Somehow I think we'll get rid of most the animals and stay right here. :dunno:

Reactions: voodooridr

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
If your land is paid for or close to it I'd sell the aninals and buy an rv to pull a bass boat and harley and hit the road for summer and fall months. Come back home for winter or whatever.

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
If your land is paid for or close to it I'd sell the aninals and buy an rv to pull a bass boat and harley and hit the road for summer and fall months. Come back home for winter or whatever.

Everything is paid off. We talked about that too, I do like that idea but I'd still have 80 acres to maintain. Suppose I could keep a bull and a couple cows. They're low enough maintenance, as long as they have water in the summer I could leave them for weeks or even a month at a time. Plus they keep the field mowed. In the winter I put 2 round bales out every week now, but with less animals 2 bales would last longer.
If we did that I'd prolly sell the 7.3 and 6.0 then get a 6.7 and a 5er with a garage. We could put the Harley or a 4 wheeler in the back and go. Wife isn't into fishing as much as she used to be so when we aren't travelling I could be fishing. Too many choices, my head hurts (mostly cause I was on RockAuto trying to find front calipers for the 7.3) :senile:

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Take your time with your decision. I know we love camping as a family. Wish we could do it full time.
One thing I know for sure we're doing is getting a new (ish) Harley Ultra Classic, missed mine ever since I sold it. I screwed up and kept my Panhead instead of the dresser, then messed up my back and couldn't ride the Pan anymore. The dresser I can ride all day no sweat. Also I either need to rebuild the transom on my bass boat or get a newer one. Nice boat but the transom is getting soft, too soft for a 150 hp. Screwed up there too, I had a 19' Javelin with a composite transom & a 175 HP HO Johnson back when we bought this place and I let that go too. That was an awesome boat, ran about 70 mph, full of fuel and tournament gear. Smooth and fast with good fish ability. Doubt I'll get back into tournament fishing the way I used to be into it, I may get back into a club and do club tournaments. Retired I'll have more practice time.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
There's just not enought time in a day,week,month year. I love fishing and hunting along with camping and spending time at the lake. Downfall to my job is I make good money but only off one weekend a month. So in summer months we have to choose if we want to camp or go to the lake.

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
There's just not enought time in a day,week,month year. I love fishing and hunting along with camping and spending time at the lake. Downfall to my job is I make good money but only off one weekend a month. So in summer months we have to choose if we want to camp or go to the lake.
That's what sucks about farming. The only one night both me and my wife spent off the farm together in 19 years was at a motel the night before my shoulder surgery.
I went to UCC 3 yrs now, 3 days and 2 nights, my wife went to new England for a few nights when our niece had her baby. Oh yeah my wife spent a couple nights in the hospital when she had Jack. Other than that someone is always here.
We used to go to Canada for a week every year, and the first year I had the Harley dresser we only stayed home 2 weekends that summer, every other weekend we were gone. Get home from work Fri, pack the bike and get back home Sun evening. When I was serious into tournament fishing I did a lot of 3 & 4 day weekends.
Looking forward to retiring even if we stay here. Without all the animals we'll be able to travel again.

Reactions: john galt

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Sounds like it's time for you and the Mrs. to enjoy life and the fruits of your labors.
You are correct! Next project

Jack has 2 more years of school and we're free. :grin:

Got his tools for school. Actually got me a new 56" tool box at HF and gave Jack my old 44", when he gets more tools I'll give him the 44" top box and get a new 56" for me. If he needs more right away he can have the 26" Craftsman top on the right.
See why I can't wait to get the new shop done, gotta move tool boxes to get to my press, bead blaster ant wheel balancer. :doh:
At least the 44" is leaving in a couple days and the Craftsman will go into a corner and get loaded up with all my special tools currently sitting on a shelf. If I clean up a little I can move the big box out of the way too.

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Ah the struggles of having so many good tools to use. Lol.
It's a lifetime's worth in my box. Much of Jacks are some of my doubles and HF stuff

·
Registered
133 Posts
Finally getting ready to pour my floor after a one year hiatus. How far in from the door did you set your lift? I was thinking maybe 16' or so. Enough to close the door but have room up front for tool box, work bench, tire machine or whatever depending on how I lay stuff out. I have to lay out my rebar and PEX and I have to leave bare where the lift will be mounted. (Hate to drill into my PEX)
Responded in the other thread, but it's 17.5' from the garage door to the center of the lift posts :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Responded in the other thread, but it's 17.5' from the garage door to the center of the lift posts :wink:
Thanks, yeah I got it. pics coming as I get going again

Reactions: ames485

·
Premium Member
7,890 Posts
Dan and Justin have seen my shop, and neither can explain it to normal people. I'm OK with that.
What's this normal you speak of? :dunno:

221 - 240 of 280 Posts