Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, infected ones!
I'm really liking the Amp Research Powerstep XL on my friends Bowtie truck. Do any of you have these, and would you mind posting some photos? I can't seem to find any on the old web. I just want to make sure I like the looks of them on the Ford. TIA!

Reactions: HeavyAssault

·
Registered
347 Posts
Here’s the ones I have on my truck, I recently took the lift kit off of so if you know anyone with regular steps that want to trade brackets with me I’m down lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I do like the look. I just wasn't sure if I would like the "rock rail" look. I'm a Jeep guy so I always associate rails with rock crawlers.
Here’s the ones I have on my truck, I recently took the lift kit off of so if you know anyone with regular steps that want to trade brackets with me I’m down lol.
Are the XL's too low when extended for a stock height truck? I'm not understanding what brackets you are talking about.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks! I do like the look. I just wasn't sure if I would like the "rock rail" look. I'm a Jeep guy so I always associate rails with rock crawlers.

Are the XL's too low when extended for a stock height truck? I'm not understanding what brackets you are talking about.
They’re actually a really nice height for a stock truck, the bracket is the whole XL rail itself, the step is the same between the 2 models but the difference is the XL steps come with the XL rail that bolts to the body and the step is attached to it giving the extra drop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, I gotcha. Thank you for all the input! Just ordered a set!

·
Premium Member
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, they are pretty sweet. They came in Friday and installed them yesterday. I think I'm going to do a write up soon. The instructions suck.

Reactions: RayW72
1 - 6 of 6 Posts