Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alpine W505, Blackbird nav, Alpine overhead player, JBL speakers....

Finally made time to take some pics of the Alpine W505. Everything went in fine. Still am waiting on the backup camera. Had the speakers replaced too. Very happy with the sound and video. Steering controls work fine too.

You can switch the colors of the screens and styles. I selected amber (matches my interior really well). I had an overhead player put in for the kids. It had a built in DVD player as well. I can send video from the W505 to the rear overhead or vice-versa. Overhead player came with 1 set of wireless headphones. Has audio/video inputs too.

Blackbird syncs with my phone (Motorola Razor) just fine. Also tested it with the wife's Iphone. Imported my phonebook easily. Phone will take over if a call comes in while listening to radio/ipod/sirius. I am using an ipod touch connected through the usb. Fast and user-friendly.

The only negatives so far are that while in navigation, you can't listen to Sirius, Ipod, radio. The blackbird has a SD card slot that you load mp3's on and listen that way. Currently can only watch video through a nano or classic ipod. Hopefully future updates will allow video through the itouch. The other downer is that the ability to load your own wallpaper is undermined by the fact that you can only see that wallpaper on the DVD source. Kind of moot because on the DVD source, you're watching something and it's not the wallpaper.

*** NOTE - The DVD menu (style 1) shows the wallpaper that I downloaded to test.

Sirius menu - style 1

Sirius menue - style 2

Ipod menu - style 1

Ipod menu - style 2

DVD playing on W505

Rear seat view

Source menu

DVD menu - style 1

DVD menu - style 2

Blackbird nav

Blackbird playing SD card

Phone menu

Phonebook menu

Received call list

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
WELCOME TO THE ORG! Very, very, very nice system. Thanks for sharing! :)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
sweet radio tv setup u got there looks real sharp!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I stand corrected. You can use the nav while listening/watching other sources. You just select the source that you want to hear/view. Then use the Visual button to select nav. Route guidance will mute out the sound when you're getting close to a turn, etc.

Also was able to get my wallpaper up on a source other than the DVD. Select the source and then select Disc under Visual.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Very nice, What is the price tag on that set up?

·
Registered
118 Posts
It looks great but I'm confused by one of your comments. Why can't you use an iPod Touch to view video? I realize it won't work in the dedicated iPod connections, but why not use it via your auxillary connection? Are you already using aux for the rear video or something?

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
LOOKS GOOD

·
Infidel
5,166 Posts
Looks good. I think we should all call the phone numbers and say "Hi Powerstroke.org calling to welcome you to the site". :hehe::hehe::hehe:

Craig

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have an ipod touch. That and the iphone are not compatible using the ipod cable that came with the unit. The video ipods and older work fine. Not a biggie. I figure a firmware upgrade will come soo enough - or a hack. I could use the aux input for video if I just had to have it. But the cables can only be bought from apple, like $50 or something. Don't need it that bad.

Cost was around $3g. I have got to stop doing this stuff. Guns and electronics are definitely my vice's!!!!!!!

I thought about rubbing out the number on the screen. But it's just a fellow co-worker. Tell him his mustang ran you off the road (lol).

Thanks for the welcome guys. Nice to find some dedicate Ford forums.

·
Registered
672 Posts
good lookin in dash set up... i was thinking about doing the same thing myself.. getting something not quite as nice though lol. they have similar in dash screens at best buy and circuit city i will probably end up with.

awesome puller though man

1 - 15 of 15 Posts