Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Pics of ladder bars

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  blue 450r 
#1 ·
So I got motivated to build some after seeing all the pics on here of your bars. Don't really need them except when towing, but they look cool.

Enjoy, all done it was about 16 hours labor and 500 in parts and powdercoat.

See less See more
#4 ·
thoes look really good

#10 ·
Thanks, haven't heard of caltracs? Started off gonna be cheaper and grew into somethin more! I painted all of the brackets but the back side, oops! Gonna tow the toy hauler next weekend to go hunting and cant wait. Later, Jared

#13 · (Edited)
thx for the kind words gents, I cant take all the credit, had help from a friend who has a tig welder. it was a fun project and now savin up for the next one!!:icon_ford::woot: about the rust, i live in AZ so that will take a long while to happen. Need to check out this AZPSG group and see what that is all about, later

#15 ·
Here is a link that helped me decide which bars to build, found it posted on here and thought it was worth reposting.
Axle Wrap Prevention

:icon_ford::woot:

#16 ·
your bars are very similar to fabtechs design and i am looking at getting some real cheap. just wonder how well the work, both not haveing the fixed mont on the frame.

#17 ·
Really nice setup. :thumb:

#18 ·
your bars are very similar to fabtechs design and i am looking at getting some real cheap. just wonder how well the work, both not haveing the fixed mont on the frame.
read the axle wrap article I posted from a jeep site and it explains all the different types of bars and their pros and cons. I found the article in another post on this forum several months ago, it is very informative. That article is the reason I chose to go with this style of bar. We built this whole setup from scratch, hence the long day in getting it finished. The truck feels more planted in corners. I will be towing this weekend and give a report when I get back. Later, Jared

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.