Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for a few ideas on where to mount my TW position knob. Do you like where you put it? I know this is a very minor topic, but I am kind of a perfectionist and would like to know these things before drilling into the plastic. thanks.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Don't have a pic of it, and don't have a TW chip. What does the TW chip look like? Is it a knob like the TS?
I have my DP F5 switch mounted to the right of the steering wheel on the column under the AT shifter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't have a pic of it, and don't have a TW chip. What does the TW chip look like? Is it a knob like the TS?
I have my DP F5 switch mounted to the right of the steering wheel on the column under the AT shifter.
It actually is a TS chip just with tunes from Tony.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'm about to buy one and thanks for making this thread!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
haha yea me too i just ordered mine on monday

·
Registered
142 Posts
you gonna stack the tw chip with the edge as well?
You can't "stack" the TW with the edge. The chip will over-ride the programmer. You can however keep the edge installed and just keep it on zero setting and utilize its guages and diagnostic capabilities, but you can't use the power from the edge.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
It actually is a TS chip just with tunes from Tony.
So it's the twist knob type right?

A lot of guys put that in the blank space to the right of the shift lever.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
You can't "stack" the TW with the edge. The chip will over-ride the programmer. You can however keep the edge installed and just keep it on zero setting and utilize its guages and diagnostic capabilities, but you can't use the power from the edge.
Just an FYI, the edge juice plugs into the wiring harness under the hood. It will work with a chip or downloader. In fact if you read the owners manual, you will find where they have designed it to work in conjunction with the evolution programmer. A download tuner/programmer will not work with a chip since the chip will over ride the tuning in the PCM. Plus if you have a chip in the PCM a tuner will not download to the PCM, you will get errors on the tuner. However since the juice is not a tuner, it will work with a chip. You will find that TW's tunes will have already maxed out your truck and the juice will make an additional 10hp(9-13hp is typical for stacking) however the truck throw codes, smoke excessively, run hot and set CEL's by stacking.

Now, about mounting locations. Just to the right of the steering wheel:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What's the toggle switch for Raul?

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
I MOUNTED MINE RIGHT ON THE TRIPLE GAUGE POD

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you gonna stack the tw chip with the edge as well?
NO. I had the edge juice w/ attitude in it and decided that was a big mistake for my tranny (and wanted more power) so I bought a chip through Tony.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I see. I just got the edge, but I need to figure something out. I want more power, but I really enjoyed the screen as opposed to the gauges.

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
The first one is the Elite chip, and TW chip... The second pic is the DP on the A pillar... and then the gauge pod one, but I sent it back...

Attachments

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Joe,
do you have a way to run multiple chips at the same time or just swap them as needed?

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Joe,
do you have a way to run multiple chips at the same time or just swap them as needed?

Just for ease of swaping... You know how much of a PAIN it can be to get the switch unhooked from the chip. I can swap out chips in about 10 seconds that way...:thumb:

I have heard there is a way to do that... but I have not found it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see. I just got the edge, but I need to figure something out. I want more power, but I really enjoyed the screen as opposed to the gauges.
That is exactly where I was a month ago. I kept the edge stuff in, left it on stock settings, and put in the Tony Wilman 6 position. What a difference. Tony is the man and his customer service cannot be beaten.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Just for ease of swaping... You know how much of a PAIN it can be to get the switch unhooked from the chip. I can swap out chips in about 10 seconds that way...:thumb:

I have heard there is a way to do that... but I have not found it.
I would love to come up with a board that would allow for multiple chips.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts