Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pics of the Fire Damage

So I had a chance to go to the dealership this morning and take some pics .
I have a thread in kill stories to explain what happend. After looking at it today I'm kinda hoping it can be fixed. I love my truck and would hate to loose her. We connected te batteries and the truck fired right up so thats a good sign.

This is where the fire started a wiring harness short under the seat

These are just some various pics to show the damage.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
dang I am glad you and the wife were not in the truck when it happened

·
What u talkin bout willis
2,724 Posts
DANG MAN THAT SUCK GLAD TO SEE YOU MADE IT OUT

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
for sure being in stuff that is on fire is scary glad you guys were out sorry to hear about the truck

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I saw the kill thread but dang, i didn't realize it was so bad. That sucks! Looks like it can be salvaged though can't it? I'm sorry that happened to ya cause I'm sure you didn't deserve it. Who else dislikes heated seats? :rofl: (just lightening up the mood hehe)

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts
Damn. :(

The only thing about it is they could fix it like you want I doubt the smell would ever go away.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well i hope that ford or the insurance company will pay to just put a whole new cab on there if you want to keep it you know

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
I hadn't thought of the smell. Other than the dash I was thinking a whole new interior. Dunno how costly new door skins, headliner, visors, steering wheel, seats, console, trim pieces and carpet, ect would be though.

Mudrunninpig Did your CB or other monitors get ruined too? Or just dirty.

·
Premium Member
14,367 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I hadn't thought of the smell. Other than the dash I was thinking a whole new interior. Dunno how costly new door skins, headliner, visors, steering wheel, seats, console, trim pieces and carpet, ect would be though.

Mudrunninpig Did your CB or other monitors get ruined too? Or just dirty.

Hadn't had a chance to check. I had the cover on the gps. So it may be ok.
The CB melted so it's trashed. The edge evo didnt check to see if the fire damaged the wiring but I dont think so. My ipod is trashed. So we will see what the insurance or ford wants to do. My dealership has been awesome so far. They checked this am to see if this is a re-occuring problem and it isn't. But my service manager and service writer want to be present when the insurance adjuster i there with me. They are also contacting corporate to see if they will help.:please::please:

·
I have excessive flatulance!!
1,273 Posts
Wow that really sucks glade you all where ok though

·
Premium Member
14,491 Posts
OMG!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Thank Gawd you weren't in there!:thumb:

I say they just get you a whole new rig!:nod:

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,738 Posts
Man that sucks! I feel for ya bud.

·
Registered
361 Posts
glad to hear youre alright, trucks can be replaced, bodies cannot. good luck with the insurance and dealer :thumb:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts