Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I haven't been on here much due to being slammed at work, but this is what I've been up to on the truck lately. I have been wanting to lose the lame green dash and interior lighting for some time now. So I finally got to changing all the green lighting out and installed all blue LEDs. The cruise control switches were especially "fun". It was definitely a project that tried my patience but I think the payoff was pretty cool. It looks great at night! Here's a few pics of the project. :thumb:

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts
That is BADA**! On a scale of 1-10, what would you rank the difficulty at??

Where are you located?? How long did it take you to do??

:drool:

·
Registered
843 Posts
wow, thats alot of work man! Looks very nice though, maybe one day i'll take on that same idea.

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
Wow that is cool. How long did that take to change over!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is BADA**! On a scale of 1-10, what would you rank the difficulty at??

Where are you located?? How long did it take you to do??

:drool:
Thanks! I'm in Vegas, Id say its a good 8 on the PITA scale.

Wow that is cool. How long did that take to change over!
It took me the better part of a month to change it over but I would only do one or two switches at a time. If I had to add up total labor involved I'd say around 8-10 hrs,, but I'm not an electronics guru. If you're really good with circuit boards and soldering you could do it faster. A big part of the project was just figuring out how to get the switches apart without breaking them with my monkey paws,,,

·
Viking Heavy Diesel
20,739 Posts
It took me the better part of a month to change it over but I would only do one or two switches at a time. If I had to add up total labor involved I'd say around 8-10 hrs,, but I'm not an electronics guru. If you're really good with circuit boards and soldering you could do it faster. A big part of the project was just figuring out how to get the switches apart without breaking them with my monkey paws,,,
I see. It looks much nicer then then mine inside!

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Hey Chris do you have plans for that? If so can I get them?

·
haters gonna hate 24/7.
3,801 Posts

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
If I send you all my parts..how much you gonna charge to do mine with super white led's LOL

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
I want to to this to mine but with green leds.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Chris do you have plans for that? If so can I get them?
if you do have plans for that, i want a copy too!

thanks!
Sorry Guys I sure don't, I just went along switch by switch, and installed resistors and LEDs in the manner that worked best for each switch.

That is very sweet but whats up with the P RND21 instead of the P RND321?
:thumb: Nice catch, I was wondering if anyone was gonna catch that. Its a design flaw with the US Speedo overlay kit I got. The positions are still there obviously for 3,2,1 but they don't line up with the pointer. I had a few problems getting the right overlay from US Speedo, so at this point I gave up on that aspect of the overlay. I'm in D all the time anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
where did you get the LED's at

·
Super Moderator
3,942 Posts
You got some cojones to take on a project like that but it looks killer. Definately something I would like to do to my truck. How many ohms were the resistors you used?

If you'll do mine for free I will give you 50% of everything I make off of Adams EGR delete kits.:hehe::hehe:

·
KING of BLING!
1,630 Posts
Damn that came out good. Please come do mine. I'll pay ya.:woot:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
where did you get the LED's at
Got mine here >21,000mcd 5mm White LED, Cree 7090 XR LEDs, Luxeon LEDs, Rebels, Endor Stars, Moon LEDs, LEDs by the piece and LEDs in bulk form are in stock.
But you can get them from a FRY's electronics or sometimes Radio Shack as well,,

You got some cojones to take on a project like that but it looks killer. Definately something I would like to do to my truck. How many ohms were the resistors you used?

If you'll do mine for free I will give you 50% of everything I make off of Adams EGR delete kits.:hehe::hehe:
Thanks! I used 5.6K ohm resistors. The only switches that are actually green LEDs are the door locks and window controls. All the other switches and dash controls are super small incandescent bulbs, and need to have resistors installed. And the comment about the 50% off Adams kits made me :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
man id love to do this but i dont think i have the patience and i know i cant soder good enough.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts